Realme continues to be a force to reckon with in the consumer electronics space and more so smartphones. They’re also big proponents of 3rd party Android development and share their devices firmware source code with developers, this has resulted in the availability of a number of custom ROMs for Realme devices. Our focus today is on how to install custom ROMs on Realme X2. One of Realme’s well-regarded smartphones.
Realme X2 was released in September 2019. It was launched as Realme’s answer to the likes of Huawei Honor 9A, Meizu 17 Pro, and even HTC Wildfire R70. It was an instant hit and likely contributed to the 10 Million smartphone units shipped by Realme in Q3 2019. Realme X2 is adored by fans for strong battery life with fast charging support, good display, excellent cameras, and above-average gaming performance.
The device is now a couple of months old and is succeeded by the Realme X2 Pro. So if you’re in no hurry to upgrade to X2 Pro, then why not get a Custom ROM instead? Well, that’s exactly what we’ll be discussing today. So if you want to learn how to install custom ROMs on Realme X2, then welcome aboard, and let’s get started.
Disclaimer: Ensure you understand all the risks involved with installing custom ROMs. That includes the possibility of bricking your device during the bootloader unlocking process. Gadgetsay.com will not be responsible for damage to your device as a result. Proceed with caution.
- Unlock the bootloader for Realme X2
- The device must have TWRP Recovery and Root access.
- Charge Device battery to about 60%
- Back-up Data to prevent loss
- Download Custom ROM for Realme X2
- Get Requisite Gapps Package
Steps to install custom ROMs on Realme X2:
- Download and install TWRP Recovery (recommended). Skip stepping 2 if you’ve already done that.
- Get the requisite Gapps package for your Realme X2 and custom ROM file for Realme X2. Save both on your smartphone’s internal storage or SD
- Turn off the phone and Press Volume Down + Power Button to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you’re in TWRP Recovery Mode create Nandroid Back-up the device, this is a fall back plan in case this doesn’t go as planned you can just revert to the original state.
- Next, perform a factory reset of the device. To do this go to Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Select Cache >> Dalvik Cache, System, and Data. Swipe to Wipe.
- Press the central navigation button to return to TWRP Main Menu.
- Choose Install, browse to the downloaded custom ROM files, swipe to confirm flash.
- Next, flash Gapps in the same manner.
- Once Gapps completes flashing go to Wipe Cache >> Dalvik, from the bottom left of the screen and Swipe to Wipe.
- Reboot System after this and you’re done.
And that’s how to install custom ROMs on Realme X2. A freshly installed custom ROM will take some time to boot. There’s absolutely no need for panic. We’d love to hear from you how your custom ROM experience is so far. Feel free to contact us via the comment section below.