ADB and Fastboot are two different tools that are part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). ADB(Android Debug Bridge) is used to communicate between your Android Phone and your computer. It is accessed through the command prompt of your PC. Talking about Fastboot, it is used as a diagnostic tool and it modifies Android File System from your PC or laptop.
A combination of ADB and Fastboot tools are used to flash TWRP recovery, Custom ROM, and Custom Mods on Android phones. If you’re looking to download and install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC or Laptop. Then here in this article, we provide a download link to ADB and Fastboot tools, and we will guide how to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows and Mac.
Steps to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows
- Download the latest ADB and Fastboot for Windows.
- Simply double click the ADB-installer.exe file to start.
- Now a command prompt opens that shows the 15 seconds ADB Installer.
- There is a question in the prompt for you “Do you want to install ADB and Fastboot?”. If you want to install the tools you have to press “Y” and if you don’t want to install these tools then press “N”.
- After that, there is one more question “Install ADB system-wide?”, you have to press “Y”. Then the installation of ADB and Fastboot will start.
- After the installation process of ADB and Fastboot completes, you will be asked: “do you want to install device drivers?”. Press Y to install the device drivers.
- The installation will start now and after a few moments when the installation completes, you just have click on the Finish button. That’s it.
- Go to the “C:\adb location” location on your Windows PC and press Shift+ Right-click and open PowerShell window to execute ADB commands.
Steps to install ADB and Fastboot Tools on Mac
- Download the ADB ZIP file for Mac.
- Extract the ADB ZIP file to an easily accessible location and open the Terminal.
- Enter the following command to browse the folder extracted by you.
- Once the Terminal is in the same folder your ADB tools are in, to launch the ADB enter the following command
- Now connect your Android smartphone to Mac via USB cable, then you’ll see an “Allow USB debugging” prompt to allow the connection.
- Enter the command “adb devices” again, if the connection is successful your device serial number is displayed in the terminal.
- That’s it, now you can run any ADB command on your Android device.
We hope you successfully install the ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC or laptop. If you have any queries or feedback kindly use the comments box below.