OnePlus 8 Pro is one of the best selling phones that are launched this year by OnePlus. It’s a Flagship phone as it offers specs like Snapdragon 865, a QHD+ Display with 120hz refresh rate, flagship-grade cameras, and much more. It comes with Oxygen OS that offers some good customization features but not everyone likes it. Here we are with a guide to install LineageOS 18.0 on OnePlus 8 Pro.
Read about Oneplus Pro predecessor and more affordable OnePlus 8 here: Introducing Oneplus 8, The Stunning Phone With Impeccable Features
OnePlus is a very developer-friendly company as it accepts rooted devices under warranty. The OEM is the eye’s charm for third-party developers. There’s plenty of support for the OnePlus devices, and similar is the story of the OnePlus 8 Pro.
Lineage OS 18 is based on the new Android 11. It packs all the major features of the latest Android iteration. It is a stable ROM which offers good features too.
Prerequisites for rooting the OnePlus 8 Pro-
Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 8 Pro
The first thing that you need to do is start with unlocking the bootloader of the device.
- So the first thing that you need to do is enable the developer’s mode and enable USB debugging. If you don’t know how to do that, you can check this article where we have told all the steps on how to enable it.
- After you have done that, you also need to enable the Bootloader Unlocking which will be available in the developer’s mode.
- You need to set-up ADB on your computer/laptop, if you don’t know how to do that then follow our detailed guide for that too.
- After you have set-up ADB, you need to enter the fastboot mode of your device.
- It is relatively easy as you need to connect your phone to your computer/laptop and then make sure that USB debugging is enabled.
- After that, you need to open the command prompt on your Windows machine or terminal in macOS and type in:
- You’ll get a prompt on your phone for Allowing USB Debugging in which you need to click yes.
- After that booting into fast boot mode is easy as you just need to type in:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now you have successfully booted into fastboot mode.
- Now, you need to unlock the bootloader, for which you need to type in-
- This will check if your device is properly connected or not if the device doesn’t show then you need to connect the device to a USB 2.0 port. If they aren’t installed then you can download them from the section above.
- After your device is detected, you just need to too:
fastboot flashing unlock
- After this command is entered, the phone screen will change and after that, you need to highlight the “Unlock The Bootloader” option and then just press the power button.
Your Phone Bootloader is now unlocked and we now just need to flash the custom recovery which is TWRP and flash the ROM itself.
Flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro-
- For Flashing the TWRP Recovery on the phone, you can check out our guide to unlock and root OnePlus 8 Pro here.
- After you have successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your phone, you are only one step away from installing the Lineage OS.
Flash LineageOS 18 on OnePlus 8 Pro–
- As we are flashing LineageOS 18, we need to download the ROM as listed in the section above.
- You will also need Android 11 Gapps – Download.
After downloading both of these files, you need to transfer them to the internal storage of your device after that is done, you can boot into the recovery mode of your device which can be done by connecting your phone then type a command in the command prompt (Windows), or terminal (macOS) then type-
adb reboot recovery
This will boot you into TWRP Recovery, and now you need to follow these steps-
Go to wipe and then advanced wipe, select the System, Vendor, Data, and the Cache partition, and right swipe to format the selected partitions.
After wiping the selected partitions, go to the install section and select the Lineage OS 18 file, and then right swipe to install it.
You need to do the same thing with the GApps file, after selecting it which will install that too.
After you have done that, you need to again go into the wipe section and wipe the cache partition by selecting it right-swiping it.
Now you can reboot your phone by going into the reboot option and selecting the system.
Now you have successfully installed LineageOS 18 on OnePlus 8 Pro.