Lenovo smartphones are known for their performance, battery backup, build quality, and much more. They were one of the leading competitions for Xiaomi till 2018. But now, they have limited launches to their home country, i.e., in China only. For other markets, they are launching smartphones in their Motorola branding. I hope you guys remember the Asus ZenUI PC Suite article, which we published recently. With that article, we had explained what a PC Suite is. However, we will also mention it here. The Lenovo PC Suite is software used to establish a connection between Lenovo devices and PC that runs on the Windows operating system.
Starting with its features, you guys can connect your Lenovo smartphone & transfer files. You guys can also use this PC Suite as a modem. That is, you can use this for accessing the internet on your PC. It will also work for both Lenovo and Motorola devices. We will explain more about the PC Suite in the following areas.
Features of Lenovo PC Suite
The PC Suite will display your mobile’s storage capacity on the home screen. Further, you can check how images, music, etc., are using your storage. You can also use this PC Suite to transfer files.
- Use Android apps on your PC: With the Lenovo PC Suite, one can use the applications installed on your phone in the PC without any issues. Also, you guys can view various notifications at the same time.
- Multimedia Features: If you don’t know what it does, the multimedia tool seen on the Lenovo PC Suite will detect and play all your media content from the smartphone which you have connected to the PC.
- Synchronization: You can synchronize everything which you have stored on your Lenovo phone. The main advantage is that you can also copy your personal information like contacts, calendars, images, call logs, text messages, etc. The main benefit is that you can use your PC to control both your smartphone and PC. Especially during this WFH (Work From Home) time, it will be a great relief to you guys.
- Send and read Messages: Using the Lenovo PC Suite, you can send new messages directly from the computer. And send those to the recipients whom you wish to do so. You can also sync messages with your PC.
- Backup and Restore – The Lenovo PC Suite has a feature by which you can backup all of your data to the PC. The benefit of this is that you don’t need to worry even if your smartphone encounters any error. Further, you can also use the tool to restore the data which you have backed up.
- System Update: Like the other Android smartphone software package, PC Suite also helps users update their phone with the latest version directly from their computer. You do not have to download ROM packages to your device separately since PC Suite is solely responsible for finding the latest update and installing it on your device.
- It can root your device – Yep, you heard it right. You can also use the PC Suite by Lenovo to root your Lenovo smartphone. Isn’t it cool, right, that you can root your device with the touch of a click? The feature is known as One Click Root and can be used to root every Lenovo device.
- Fix the issues: Like car manufactures have their professional laptop for fixing the errors, the Lenovo PC Suite will allow you to troubleshoot any of the problems in your smartphone. Even if your smartphone gets to hang and you want to uninstall apps, you can use your Lenovo PC Suite to remove those applications.
How to Download Lenovo PC Suite?
Till we explained about the Lenovo PC Suite and listed the various features, Lenovo has packed with the software. Now, we will look into the steps for downloading the same.
- For this, first, visit the Lenovo PC Suite website from your PC by clicking here.
- Now, you guys can agree to the terms and conditions and finally tap on the download option.
- Also, make sure to download the USB Driver for your Lenovo device. Otherwise, your device won’t detect in the Suite. Click here to download the same.
- Do note that the PC Suite by Lenovo will work in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Also, the PC Suite will work in both 32 bit or 64 bit Windows. However, the Lenovo website shows that it will work only in Windows 10 and Windows 7. But users have confirmed that it will work on Windows 8 and Windows XP too.
How to Install Lenovo PC Suite and use the same in your Windows running PC?
- For this, first, extract the downloaded file. Upon extracting, you can see the exe file for yourself.
- Then double click on the extracted .exe file.
- Also, do install the USB driver, which you have downloaded from the above-given link.
- Before connecting your device to the PC, make sure to turn on USB Debugging. For that, go to Settings, then navigate to About Phone and tap seven times on Build Number. It will activate Developer options, and from here, you can enable USB Debugging.
- Now, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable. And open Lenovo PC Suite on your PC.
- It will ask for authorization and allow the same in your Lenovo smartphone.
- Also, it will ask Mobile Assistant to allow modification on system settings on your device. Along with it, give Mobile Assistant access to Contacts, Phone, SMS, and Storage.
- That’s it, now the Lenovo PC Suite will function on your PC, and you can enjoy the benefits of the various features present in it.
What if your device isn’t detected by Lenovo PC Suite? (After installing USB Driver)
If so, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Connect your Lenovo or Moto device to the PC with the USB cable provided by the brand.
- Then open Lenovo PC Suite, and tap on the Browse Device option.
- From here, choose your device model & variant from the list shown on the screen.
- The Lenovo PC Suite will direct you to the USB Driver downloading website. And from there, you can download USB Driver for your Lenovo or Moto smartphone.
As we said, you guys can also connect your Moto devices with the Lenovo PC Suite. Because, Moto is owned by Lenovo now, and you guys can do everything a Lenovo device can do right now. Please do share the article with your friends and family members who own Lenovo and Moto devices.