RUU Stock Firmware: In this year HTC has launched a modern smartphone which is the HTC U11. The smartphone is published in the HTC U series that makes it a stylish smartphone. The HTC phone includes a single rear camera. The processor is added with the latest Snapdragon 835 chipset and 4GB of RAM. The smartphone is installed by update the latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
If you are using an HTC U11 then remember to upgrade to the latest update because the OTA version takes time to recognize the location and country. That is why we want you to use the newest version of HTC U11 firmware update device manually to get the latest security and performance. The senior member XDA, 5m4r7ph0n36uru, provide a new collection of RUUs or ROM Update Utility files which are made by HTC in different areas.
These are available in zip files sent to our smartphones as an OTA update that can also be installed on HTC U11 manually. The collection of HTC U11 RUU Stock Firmware has been bundled into a spreadsheet file which includes data regarding the update like the version number, version name. Here are the steps to flash firmware manually on HTC U11 using Fastboot.
1) First, you have to download the files. The HTC U11 RUU Stock Firmware collection spreadsheet includes all the update files with the links which you can find by clicking on version number column present the list.
2) Go to the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot. Now connect your smartphone using a USB cable to the PC. Once you are connected, then you have to open a command prompt window in the folder, and type the following command ‘adb reboot download’.
3) After that device will reboot into Download mode where you have to carry all the firmware file. That you have downloaded from the spreadsheet to the ADB and Fastboot folder. After you have transferred all the files then type the following command in the command prompt window: Fastboot flash zip Firmware_xx.zip.
4) On pressing the Enter key, your process of flashing firmware gets started. This process will take some time to get completed. After completing the process you have to press the Power button to return to the Download Mode on your smartphone.
5) If you want, you can turn off your device and restart your device to reboot the system as the firmware flash process is completed.
Here are the steps you can flash HTC U11 using SD Card.
1) Remember that you are using a compatible SD card before the installation process and make sure that your smartphone has 50% battery because below 30% this method will fail with an error message.
2) You have to transfer the firmware zip file from the Downloads section but before that rename the zip file to 2PS6IMG.zip. Now with the help of your SD card with PC or straight with a card reader shift this file to the root.
3) You have to transfer the firmware zip file from the Downloads section but before that rename the zip file to 2PS6IMG.zip. Now with the help of your SD card with PC or straight with a card reader shift this file to the root.
4) When you will press Volume Up button means you have confirmed flashing the zip file. Then the flashing will start and after few seconds, and you will be prompted with a message “end UI updating. Press Power to continue”. Then after pressing the Power button, your phone will turn off.
5) Now your phone will automatically turn on and the firmware will be flashed on the screen.
The RUU collection of zip file carries all of the alternatives for the HTC U11 flash file which is released in US, UK and Asian countries including India. So to get your smartphone updated to follow the procedure to flash the firmware on your HTC U11 correctly and install the firmware without any difficulty.