MediaTek Android devices need MTK VCOM Drivers installed on PC for seamless interaction between your device and the PC. It enables MTP, PTP, and of course flashing firmware via SP Flash Tool. So, if you own an MTK device then the VCOM Driver is a must-have, to say the least.
Without any further ado, download the VCOM driver from the link given below and follow the installation procedures.
Download MTK VCOM Driver
Get MTK VCOM Driver from here.
Installation of MTK VCOM Drivers
To install the VCOM Drivers on Windows for the first time, do the following:
- First, download the MTK VCOM Driver from the link given above and save them in a folder where the file is easy to find.
- Locate the file, select directly in your driver file.
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Wait until the extraction process is complete.
- Now go to Computer Management >> Device Manager and Action.
- From Action, choose the Add a legacy hardware option.
- Click Next on the Add Hardware Wizard menu.
- Choose Install the hardware that I manually choose from the list (advanced) option.
- Choose the extracted folder of the VCOM Driver and click OK.
- Choose the VCOM Driver from the available list of drivers and click, Next and then Install
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
In case if you encounter driver signature verification error, do the following.
Disable Driver Signature Verification
- Navigate to Settings > Change PC Settings > General. In case of Windows 10, go to Settings > Update and Security > Recovery
- Under Advanced Startup select Reboot/Restart Now
- Your computer will reboot and present you with a choose option screen
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart
- Your computer will reboot again and bring you to a startup settings page
- Select option 7 (Disable driver signature verification)
- Windows will now boot as normal
- Proceed to install drivers
- You will be shown a warning popup that reads Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver.
- Select Install this driver software anyway. You could install the driver this time around.
In case if you encountered any issue while installing the driver, drop down in the comments. So, we can help you in getting through the process.