USB Driver is a vital tool needed for carrying out functions such as USB Debugging, bootloader unlocks, flashing stock firmware, and much more. It is not possible to exchange information between a mobile phone and a computer using only a USB cable, and here is where the role of USB drivers come into action.
MIUI, being a heavily customized Android skin, has its own proprietary features and system partitions. As such, EDL mode is quite popular among the Xiaomi community because it’s an emergency recovery option which in case of device software failure such as boot loop can help us to retrieve a Mi device. Well, without a proper USB Driver it won’t be possible as the device needs to communicate with the Mi Flash Tool installed on PC.
Hence, here you could find the Xiaomi USB Drivers for Windows PC since we believe it can come handy for you from time to time.
Download Xiaomi USB Driver for Windows
Download Xiaomi USB Drivers from here.
Installation of Xiaomi USB Drivers
To install the Xiaomi USB Drivers for Windows for the first time, do the following:
- First, download the USB drivers for Xiaomi smartphone from the link given above and save them in a folder where the file is easy to find.
- Locate the file, select directly in your driver file.
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Wait until the extraction process is complete.
- Now go to Computer Management >> Device Manager and Action.
- From Action, choose the Add a legacy hardware option.
- Click Next on the Add Hardware Wizard menu.
- Choose Install the hardware that I manually choose from the list (advanced) option.
- Choose the extracted folder of the USB Driver and click install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
In case if you encounter driver signature verification error, do the following.
Disable Driver Signature Verification
- Navigate to Settings > Change PC Settings > General
- Under Advanced Startup select reboot
- Your computer will reboot and present you with a choose option screen
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart
- Your computer will reboot again and bring you to a startup settings page
- Select option 7 (Disable driver signature verification)
- Windows will now boot as normal
- Proceed to install drivers
- You will be shown a warning popup that reads Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver.
- Select Install this driver software anyway. You could install the driver this time around.
I hope you’ve successfully installed the Xiaomi USB Driver on your device. In case of any assistance feel free to drop in the comments.