Also Read: Find Out How You Can Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Number On Facebook
We all use Facebook daily, But have you ever imagined, who is going to take control of your facebook account, when you die. And what facebook is going to do with your account after you die? Well, Facebook hasn’t planned anything about these issues, back then. They use to just freeze the account of the person who died.
But now Facebook has provided several options for you to decide about your account when you die. Also, there is a new option called as “Legacy contact” you can add. Basically, how this work’s it, you need to add a friend’s Facebook ID in the legacy contact option, then a message will be sent to your friend, which will notify him that his ID has been chosen as a legacy contact of your account. Before you do that, be careful about the person you choose to add as a legacy contact.
Because adding an older person than you can result in freezing your account, mostly this feature is applicable to the younger people of the family, since they get to know everything about you, and they can take control of your account properly.
After you add any of your friend’s ID, then the chosen friend will have the authority to write a post to display at the top of the memorialized Timeline (for example, to announce a memorial service or share a special message). And Respond to new friend requests from family members and friends, who were not yet connected on Facebook, Also they can Update the profile picture and cover photo.
Also Read: Now Even “Facebook” Can’t Track You With This Trick
Steps to add a “Legacy Contact” for your Facebook account.
1. In order to add a legacy contact, first you need to click in the top right of Facebook and select Settings, and then select Account Settings.
2. After going to Account settings. In the left menu, click Security Settings option, then click on Legacy Contact option
3. Now you will see ‘Choose Legacy Contact option, Just click on it.
4. Then you will be asked to type a friend’s name, Click add option and add a friend.
5. After you add a friend, to let your friend know they’re now your legacy contact, click Send.
if you have liked this article, then share it.
Also Read: Find Out Who Ignored Your Facebook Requests