Xiaomi recently released the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro smartphones of the Mi 10 series. The smartphones are 5G capable and come loaded with top of the line specifications as one would expect. It’s also interesting to note that unofficial TWRP is now available for the Xiaomi Mi 10 and 10 Pro from XDA too. This will enable owners of either brand to flash their device with any custom Mod, ROM, or kernels or even take full system back-up via Nandroid. In our post today we look at how to install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro to get you started and reap benefits of modding before others.
Android devices normally come with a native recovery utility. However, the native utility tends to be very limited in functionality. That’s likely what contributed to the development of custom Recovery utilities such as TWRP. Custom Recoveries offer a lot of features and functionalities that are way beyond what traditional recovery can do.
Disclaimer: Gadgetsay.com will not be responsible for any damage or loss incurred due to your use of this information. Using custom recoveries, rooting, and flashing custom ROM are procedures usually meant for advanced users so ensure you’re fully informed and proceed with caution.
- Charge your Xiaomi Mi 10 or Mi 10 Pro to at least 60%
- Back-up your device data. Check our guide on how to back-up Android smartphones without root access.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock under Developer Options
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot Binaries
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 10/Mi 10 Pro
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro
Execute each of the steps below in the order provided in order to install TWRP Recovery into your Xiaomi Mi 10. The same procedure will work for Mi 10 Pro.
- First, download the TWRP recovery. You can find a link in the prerequisite section above.
- Find the archive, and extract its contents into a folder.
- Download ADB and Fastboot binaries and extract its components in a folder.
- Copy and paste all the contents extracted from the TWRP Recovery zip files into the same folders where you have extracted the files of the ADB and Fastboot.
- Connect your Mi 10 or Mi 10 Pro to the computer via a USB cable.
- Press the “Shift button” on your keyboard, open “Command Prompt or Powershell”.
- Type the command below in Command Prompt Window or Powershell:
adb reboot bootloader
- Wait for the phone to boot and once it does get into the Fastboot mode, run the command below:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Next, follow with the below command:
- That’s it!
You have successfully installed TWRP on your device. In case you know of anyone that would be interested in learning how to install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, do not hesitate to share this guide.