With the dawn of OxygenOS 11, OnePlus has blessed the OnePlus 7/7T Series with the Always-on-Display feature. Though the company decided not to include this popular feature in the first Android 11-based Open Beta 1 builds for the OnePlus 7 and 7T, the feature has become a thing in the latest Open Beta 2.
So, as the Always-on-Display feature is officially available on the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 for the devices we’ll see how to enable Always-on-Display on OnePlus 7/7T Series.
Enable Always-on-Display on OnePlus 7/7T Series
Make sure you’re running OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 or later.
- Go to: Settings.
- Then choose Utilities.
- Tap on OnePlus Laboratory.
- Find and enable “Always-on ambient display”
Enable the feature, to experience the Always-on-Display on your OnePlus 7 Series device which, on the other hand, most of the OnePlus 8/8T Series users have been enjoying for a while.
OxygenOS Open Beta 2 Changelog
- Optimized the sliding effect of the dynamic wallpaper
- Improved power consumption in some scenarios
- Optimized the adjusting intensity of automatic brightness to bring a more smooth using experience
- Fixed the issue with the adapter not charging and using the headset at the same time
- Fix the issue in which the battery icon is not displayed on the status bar
- Fixed the issue that ‘Tips & Support’ is not displayed in the Settings
- Fixed the small probability flashback issue with the camera when unlocking in professional mode
- Ambient Display
- Newly supported Always-on ambient display feature for OP7Pro and OP7TPro (Go to: Settings – Utilities – OnePlus Laboratory – Always-on ambient display)
It seems OnePlus hasn’t optimized the AOD feature in the build as enabling the AOD feature is found to increase the power consumption. However, we can expect this to be fixed in the upcoming builds.