Discord has a lot of features for gamers, so they can chat online and play multiplayer games. It’s a VOIP based app created by Microsoft. Discord has a feature named screen share, which will allow its users to share screens with the other people in the group. However, like any other feature, this also ran into several issues. One of them is the “black screen” which can be seen while using the screen sharing feature where you use it for streaming or for other things.
Must See: How to enable Push to Talk on Discord?
In today’s article, we will talk about the different available solutions to fix the black screen. We have like eight to nine solutions, and we are damn sure that either one of them will work for you.
- Solution 1: Force stop Discord from Task Manager
- Solution 2: Always Run Discord as “administrator.”
- Solution 3: Switch to “Borderless” or “Windowed” mode from “Full Screen” mode.
- Solution 4: Delete cache files of Discord
- Solution 5: Update your Windows
- Solution 6: Rest your “Network Settings”
- Solution 7: Turn off the feature “Hardware Acceleration.”
- Solution 8: Update Discord App
- Solution 9: Turn off the “Use Latest Technology” feature
Solution 1: Force stop Discord from Task Manager
Sometimes force stopping “Discord” will help you fix the “black screen” which can be seen while using the screen sharing feature. Follow the steps mentioned below to force stop “Discord.”
- Open Task Manager by pressing “CTRL + SHIFT + ESC” key.
- Select the “Process” tab.
- Scroll down to find “Discord” and select it.
- After this, choose the option named “End Task” to end the process.
- Then open Discord again to check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 2: Always Run Discord as “administrator.”
Most of you guys know the difference between running a program normally and a program as an administrator. Since Discord is a VOIP app, it will require some access to files, but the mere opening will not give them access to those things. It would be best to open it as an administrator to solve the black screen which can be seen while using the screen sharing feature. Follow the below-mentioned steps to run “Discord” as Administrator permanently.
- Open your Desktop and find “Discord.” Or you can find “Discord” from the “Start” menu.
- Once you find it, right-click on that and select the “Properties” option.
- Now the “Properties” window will open and choose the “Compatibility” tab.
- After this, tick the checkbox, which you can find near “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click on “Apply” and tap on the “OK” button. Most probably, it will solve the black screen while the screen sharing issue.
Solution 3: Switch to “Borderless” or “Windowed” mode from “Full Screen” mode.
Some users suggested that switching to “Borderless” has solved the black screen which can be seen while using the screen sharing feature. As you all know, the Discord share screen will only work in applications that use full-screen mode. So, try switching to “Borderless” or “Windowed” mode while playing games in Full-Screen mode. Do let us know if this worked for you or not.
Solution 4: Delete cache files of Discord
Most of the time, the cache files creates many issues. These cache files often get corrupted, and wrong settings will create the “black screen,” which can be seen while using the screen sharing feature. To delete those cache files, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the “Start” menu and search for “Run” and open it. Or you can press “Windows Key + R” to open Run.
- After this, type “%appdata%” in the dialogue box and click on the “Enter” key.
- Then a window will open, you can find the cache files of “Discord” on the Discord folder inside the “Roaming” folder.
- Close the window and launch “Discord” to check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 5: Update your Windows
Many times the problem will be with the Windows version which you’re using. To solve that, you can update your Windows from “Settings.” Follow the steps below if you don’t know how to update the same.
- Open the “Start” menu and search for “Settings,” and open it. You can also open “Settings” from the icon, which you can see to the left side of the “Start” menu.
- After this, choose the option “Update and Security” and then click on “Check for updates.”
- If you have got a strong internet connection, it’ll download the update and install the new update in your system.
Solution 6: Rest your “Network Settings”
You guys can also reset the network settings to fix the error. If you don’t know to do the same, you can follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Open the “Start” menu and then search for “Command Prompt.”
- Do open “Command Prompt” as Administrator.
- After this, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and then press the “Enter” key to execute.
- Now, type “ipconfig /renew” and then press the “Enter” key.
- Finally, open Discord again to check if the issue still exists or not.
Must See: How To Enable Discord Streamer Mode
Solution 7: Turn off the feature “Hardware Acceleration.”
Even though this feature helps some cases, it can also cause some issues, and it’ll run into errors like a black screen. The main reason for this is that the hardware overheats and will run into errors. So try disabling “Hardware Acceleration” with the help of the steps mentioned below.
- Open “Discord” on your computer and find the “gear icon,” which you can see under the “App Settings section.”
- Now go to the “Appearance tab,” and scroll down and turn off the “Hardware Acceleration” feature.
- Finally, click on “OK” to confirm this change.
- Close “Discord” and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 8: Update Discord App
Some reports show that the black screen issue is because of the bugs present in the Discord application. You can update the Discord app to solve those things. Follow the below-mentioned steps to update Discord.
- Find the “Discord” icon from the Desktop and right-click on it.
- Choose “Run as Administrator” from the drop-down menu, which you can see there.
- Once it opens aKa, press “CTRL + R” and wait for few minutes when the Discord window opens.
- Discord will close itself, and then it’ll download updates and will automatically update the app.
- Check “Discord” after this process to check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 9: Turn off the “Use Latest Technology” feature
Some Discord users have suggested disabling the “Use Latest Technology” feature to solve the black screen issue. Here’s a guide for disabling that feature.
- Open “Discord” from the shortcut seen on Desktop. You can also open it from the “Start” menu.
- Once “Discord” opens, select the “Settings” icon, which you can see at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After this, choose the “Voice and Video” menu, which you can see on the left side.
- Finally, turn “off” the switch you can find next to “Use Latest Technology” for screen sharing. You can see this under the “Video Diagnostics section.”
These are the different solutions that will fix the black screen issue which occurs during a screen share. Do share the article with your friends and family so they can also fix the issue. Also, comment by mentioning the solution which worked for you.