Millions of people around the world use Discord today and are one of the most famous apps available today. The app has a lot of functions, which will be very useful. Most of them use Discord while playing games so they can chat with each other. The main benefit is that there are no limitations for the number of people on the server, which is public or private. Since the app has gained popularity, many people use the app to find new people so they can text or send audio or videos. Like other apps, Discord also faces some issues sometimes. Most of the users are facing “no route issue” in Discord.
Must See: How To Enable Discord Streamer Mode
It is a bug that will prevent the users from joining any channels in any server on Discord. There are different reasons for this error, and we are here with various solutions for solving the error.
Ways to fix Discord no route issue
Solution 1: Restart your Router
The router may sometimes run into some errors, so restarting it’ll help solve the “no route issue.”
- For this, find the power button on your router and press and hold it for 10 seconds.
- After this, wait for a few minutes and turn on the router again.
- Also, restart your computer and open Discord to check the issue still exists or not.
Solution 2: Disable VPN
Most of the time, the main reason for the occurrence of “no route issue” is because of using a VPN connection. Discord can’t run with a VPN that doesn’t have a User Datagram Protocol (UDP). So, try disconnecting VPN and check if the issue exists or not. Suppose you need to use VPN for some reasons, contact customer care, and ask if the VPN has User Datagram Protocol (UDP) or not. If it has, then you can use it without any worries.
Solution 3: Uninstall all third party Antivirus software
Another issue for the error may be the usage of any third-party antivirus software. Since most third-party antivirus software blocks Discord from maintaining outgoing connections, for uninstalling your antivirus software, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open Control Panel from the icon on the Desktop. or from the “Start” menu.
- Now change the view to “View by category” and then click on the Program’s section.
- After this, select the option “Uninstall a Program.”
- Choose the Antivirus software which you have installed from the list.
- Use the right button of your mouse and select the “Uninstall” option.
- Now, follow the prompts on the screen to “Uninstall” the software entirely.
- Once the process is completed, restart your computer to check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 4: Turn off Quality of Service High Packet Priority
Most Discord users reported that the error occurs by enabling Quality of Service High Packet Priority. Users said that by disabling these things, the error could be solved quickly. For disabling these features, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the Discord client on your PC.
- Once it opens, select the “gear icon” from the top bottom left corner.
- After this, search for App Settings and select the option “Voice & Video.”
- Now when this opens, turn off the toggle of “Enabled” button under Quality of Service. It will immediately turn off the Quality of Service High Packet Priority feature.
- Once you are done with this, close the Discord client and relaunch it to check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 5: Whitelist Discord on your PC
Some users suggested that after whitelisting Discord in Windows, the “no route issue” can be fixed. Follow the below-mentioned steps to whitelist Discord.
- Open the “Start” menu by clicking Windows Key or clicking the icon on the taskbar.
- After this, select the “Settings” option.
- Then, click on the “Update and Security” option.
- You can find “Windows Defender” to the left of the screen.
- Now open the “Windows Defender Security.”
- Finally, choose the “Firewall and network protection.“
- Now, find the option named “Allow an app through Firewall.“
- Head on to “Change Settings” box and search for Discord on the list.
- Once you found this, tick the “Private Box.“
- Now, head to Discord and check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 6: Flush DNS
If you couldn’t fix the “no route issue” with the steps mentioned above, you can Flush your DNS to fix the error. If you don’t know to Flush DNS, you can follow the instructions below.
- Open the “Start” menu and then search for “Command Prompt.”
- Do open “Command Prompt” as Administrator.
- After this, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and then press “Enter” to execute.
- Open Discord and check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 7: Use Google’s DNS server!
Some suggest that switching to Google’s DNS server will solve the error. For this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the “Start” menu and then start searching for “Network Settings.“
- Once that opens, search for “Network Status.“
- Then, select the option “Change Adapter options.“
- Now, right-click on the network adapter and then select the “properties” option.
- Then click on “Ethernet Properties”, and find Internet Protocol Version 4 aKa TCP/ IPv4.
- After this, click on Properties and click on “IPv4 properties”.
- Now use the DNS server address as “22.214.171.124” and the alternative address as “126.96.36.199“.
- Once you are done with this, check the Discord app if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 8: Change your IP address
If your PC is configured to DHCP, which will vary your IP address, and it’ll be a reason for the “no route issue.” So follow the below-mentioned steps to change that.
- Select “CTRL+R” on your keyboard or search for Run from the Start menu.
- Now Type “cmd,” and it will then open the Command Prompt window.
- After this, type “ipconfig /release” in the command prompt.
- Then enter the following command “ipconfig /renew” which will assign a new IP address for your PC.
- Most probably, it will solve the “no route issue” in the Discord app.
We could provide these different solutions to you guys for fixing the “no route issue” in Discord. Do share the article with your friends and family so that they can also resolve the issue. Also, a comment on which solution helped you to fix the problem will be appreciated.