Hulu is a US-based video streaming service that offers some excellent content to watch. The Walt Disney Company owns the same. The service will only support a few browsers like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. In fact, it is the only service that has content from the US broadcasting service. The same has a lot of content, including TV series, movies, and news channels. Like any other services, it also shows some errors while using the same. One of them is the unsupported error that occurs while using the Google Chrome browser. If you want to fix the same, then follow the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1: Update your Chrome Browser to the Latest version to fix Hulu not working in Chrome
Often Google Chrome runs into some errors because of the bugs present in the app. Google updates every app by fixing the existing bugs and adds new features to the same. If you are using an old version of Google Chrome, update your browser to resolve it. To update the app, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this, first, launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Then tap on the three vertical dots, which you can see near the screen’s top right.
- Now, tap on the Settings option.
- After then, tap on the About Chrome option, which you can see to the window’s left pane.
- Once it opens, check if any updates are available for the installed Chrome browser on your device.
- If it is available, then download the same and install it on your device.
- Once it is updated, restart the browser to check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 2: Clear the temporary files like cache and cookies of Google Chrome
Like most of you guys know, cache and cookies create a lot of problems. Deleting those files will help you to fix the Hulu not working issue in Chrome. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, open your Google Chrome browser from the Desktop or from the Start menu.
- Tap on the three dots and now choose the More tools option.
- From here, select the option Clear browsing history.
- Now select the Advanced tab and then select All time from the drop-down menu, which you can see near the Time range.
- Then tick on the checkboxes near the Browsing history, Download history, Cookies, other site data, and Cached images & files.
- Once you have finished that, tap on the Clear data button to confirm the changes.
- If it has been done, restart the browser and check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 3: Always update the Windows to the latest version
Like the Chrome browser, most Windows versions may have some bugs. To solve this, you should update your Windows to the latest versions. If you don’t know how to update both the Windows, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Start menu and search for Settings, and open it.
- You can also open Settings from the icon, which you can see on the Start menu’s left side. Or you can again do the same by pressing Windows Key + I.
- After this, choose the option Update and Security and then click on Check for updates.
- If you have got a strong internet connection, it’ll download the update and install the new update in your system.
- After updating, restart your system and check if Hulu is working or not in the Chrome browser.
Solution 4: Try creating a new Chrome Profile for the User
There are some reports that the issue of Hulu maybe because of the single user profile. To solve this issue, you can create a new profile to check if it solves the same. If you don’t know how to create a new profile in the Google Chrome browser, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- As the first step to this, open the Chrome browser that you have installed on your PC.
- Now, tap on the user profile icon, which you can see near your screen’s top right.
- From here, tap on the Add option seen in the other people section.
- After this, fill up the details as per your requirement.
- Before exiting, tap on check the option of Create a Desktop Shortcut of the newly created User.
Once you are done with this, exit the window and restart your browser by tapping on the shortcut you created earlier. Check if Hulu is working or not.
Solution 5: Remove all plugins and extensions installed in your Google Chrome browser
A few plugins may create difficulties while using Hulu in your Google Chrome browser. To understand which plugin is the culprit:
- Disable every extension which you have installed.
- Enable each of them and check if the issue exists or not.
- Remove that specific plugin that creates the problem while using Hulu.
Now relaunch your browser to check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 6: Disable hardware acceleration in Google Chrome
We have said in our previous articles about hardware acceleration which creates problems sometimes. If you don’t know what hardware acceleration is, it is a software addition to make the processor’s best use. But in some cases, hardware overheats, and it creates a ton of problems. So, it’s better to turn off hardware acceleration. If you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- For this, first, open your Google Chrome browser.
- Now tap on the three dots menu, which you can find to the top-right.
- Tap on the Advanced tab and then select System.
- From here, turn off the Use hardware acceleration when available feature.
- Finally, relaunch your browser to check if the issue in Hulu still exists or not.
Solution 7: Do update the Adobe Flash Player to the Latest Build, which is available
If you don’t know what Adobe flash player does, it is the software that is used to play multimedia files in the Google Chrome browser. But most of the users don’t update the same, and it creates many problems. Since Hulu is a video streaming app, it requires the latest Adobe Flash Player. Some may forget to enable the same; if you haven’t allowed it, follow the below steps.
- For this, first, open your Google Chrome browser.
- Now tap on the three dots menu.
- Choose the Settings menu from here.
- Scroll until you find Privacy and Security, and then choose the Site Settings option.
- Then, find the Content option.
- From here, change Flash to Ask First.
To update Flash Player, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- Now enter the following in the address bar: chrome://components/
- From here, scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player’s option.
- Now tap on the Check for Update button.
- Once it has been updated, check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 8: Turn off Hardware Media Key Handling Flag in Google Chrome
Suppose you have enabled the Hardware Media Key Handling Flag in Google Chrome. You can then use your keyboard’s media keys to control the active media session running in Chrome. There are few reports that this flag can cause an issue to the Hulu streaming website. To solve the same, you guys should disable the Hardware Media Key Handling flag may. If you don’t know how to do the same, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this, first, open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- After this, then enter the following in the address bar: chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling
- Finally, open the drop-down menu, which you can see near the Hardware Media Key Handling.
- Then, choose the option Disabled from here.
Relaunch the Chrome browser on your PC to check if the issue has been solved or not.
Solution 9: Finally, update the Widevine Content Decryption Module to solve the Hulu not working issue
If you don’t know what the Widevine Content Decryption Module is, it is a module that content owners use to securely distribute video content. What this does is that it deploys different encryption schemes and hardware security. If you aren’t updating the same, then the Widevine module can create problems during using the Chrome browser. To update the Widevine Content Decryption Module, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this, first exit Google Chrome and then open Task Manager and end all the process related to the Chrome browser and or to the system.
- Now, open the Windows Explorer of your PC and then navigate to the following address. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\
- Find the version number of the Google Chrome browser and then search for the folder with the same number. For example like the 88.0.4324.182.
- Once you find it, delete the folder which has the name WidevineCdm.
- After that, relaunch the Chrome browser and enter the following address: chrome://components
- Once it loads, scroll down to find the component of the Widevine Content Decryption Module. If you have found that, click on Check for Update button.
- After the update has done, refresh the page and note down the module version that you can see on the screen.
- If you have copied that, exit the Google Chrome browser and open Task Manager and end all the process related to the Chrome browser and or to the system.
- Open the Windows Explorer and enter the following address: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\WidevineCdm
- Check if the folder name here matches the Widevine component which you updated before.
- If it doesn’t match, then rename the folder to match the version which you have copied.
- After this, check if Hulu is working fine on Google Chrome or not.
These are the different solutions that are available to fix the issue. You can share the article with your friends so that they can also fix the issue. Also, a comment will be much appreciated in our article. Do let us know if you want more articles like these.