Most of you guys might know about the Message Plus (Message +) app of Verizon Android smartphones. The app is quite popular among the users of Verizon. In few parts of the world, carriers often sell carrier-locked devices, and Verizon is one of them. The Message Plus app has many features: group chat, driving mode, share live location in messaging app, and much more. Apart from these, one can customize the font, styles, background image, send gift cards to your loved ones, and more. Even one can reply to a conversation from Yahoo.
We often see many reports on various forums that the same Message Plus app often crashes. The crash occurs when someone tries to access the app. It can cause many issues to the users. There may be many reasons for this, like cache issues or any other software bugs. We are here with the various methods by which one can solve the problem.
- Steps to fix the Verizon Message Plus app crashing
Steps to fix the Verizon Message Plus app crashing
As we mentioned in the article’s introduction, we will be providing you guys a couple of solutions to fix the Message Plus app crashing issue. Since the app is an unavoidable one for Verizon users, fixing the problem is our aim with this article.
Try clearing cache and data
- For this, first, go to the Settings menu on your Android smartphone. You can find this either on the icon in the notification shade or from the home menu.
- Once you reach the Settings menu, scroll down until you find the Application Manager or App menu. Now, click on the same to continue.
- Again scroll down until you find the Message Plus app in the menu and choose it.
- Now tap on the Storage selection and tap on Clear cache. And choose Yes to confirm the same. Then tap on Clear Data and click on Yes to confirm the same.
- Also, do the same step after choosing the Google Play Store app.
- There you go, the Message Plus app crashing issue has been being solved now.
Try updating your Phone and Message Plus app
- First, let us update the software version of the Phone. For that, navigate to the Settings menu on your Android device.
- Scroll until you find About Phone and tap on Software Update.
- Then, click on Download and Install software updates. Your device will download updates if available.
- To update the Message Plus app, head to Google Play Store and search for Message + or Verizon Messages.
- Please select it and tap on Update.
- Launch the Message Plus app after doing the steps mentioned above.
Remove the Message Plus app and reinstall the app
- For this, first, go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Once you reach the Settings menu, scroll down until you find the Application Manager Menu. Then, tap on the same to continue.
- Now scroll and find the Message Plus app.
- From here, you can find the Uninstall option and choose it.
- To reinstall, head to Google Play Store and search for Message + or Verizon Messages.
- Now launch Message Plus and check if the issue exists or not.
Simulated Battery Removal
Earlier, we used to remove the battery of our smartphones for temporary issues. But now, since our phones come with a non-removable battery, we don’t have the provision for that. So that, a process known as Simulated battery removal will solve the issue. If you don’t know what it is, it works similarly to physically removing and reinserting battery into your smartphones. We are doing this because we can’ remove the battery as said above.
- For this, press & hold the Power Button for few seconds (10 seconds or more) or wait for your smartphone’s screen to go dark.
- If the above method doesn’t work, you can try holding both the Power and Volume rockers until the display goes dark.
- Wait for the device to reboot and open the Message Plus app to check if the issue still exists or not.
Try clearing the cache partition from Stock Recovery
- For this, first, turn off your Android device. For that, hold the Power button and tap on the Shutdown option.
- Then press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons by which your device will boot into Recovery Mode.
- From here, you can use your volume buttons to navigate within the Recovery Mode.
- Choose the wipe cache partition and use the power button to select the option.
- Please do wait for a few minutes to complete, and upon completion, you should be greeted with a success message.
- Then navigate to Reboot with volume keys and tap on the Power key to restart your device.
- Check if the issue still exists or not.
Try Factory resetting Settings
- Before resetting data, try Factory resetting Settings. For this, head to Settings and find the Backup and Reset menu.
- Now, tap on Reset and choose the Reset Settings. If you don’t know, the Reset Settings option will not remove your data. Instead, it will only clear the Settings and reset it to default.
If the above one doesn’t work, try Factory resetting your device
- Perform the same steps until you reach the Reset menu.
- From here, tap on the Factory data reset option.
- Then click on Reset, and it will ask for your password. Enter your password to continue.
- Finally, tap on Delete all.
With those fixes mentioned above, one can get their Verizon Message Plus app working smoothly. The reason for the crash may be little things that we often ignore. As said above, the Message Plus app of Verizon is a convenient tool for its users since it has a ton of features. Since the solutions mentioned above are simple that even a non-pro user can do it by himself. There is no need for any significant help from others. Please do share the article with your friends who use the carrier-locked phones from Verizon. The reason for that is, most of them may experience this issue once on their device. We will be back with more guides soon.