In today’s world, everyone needs to watch content on big screens. Most of them use their phones for casting into the TV screen. Vizio SmartCast TV is one of the best TVs out there, which is used by a lot of people. Thanks to the Chromecast built-in, so people can cast contents from their smartphone. It has got almost everything which smart TV needs like 4K HDR, pre-built apps, Chromecast, and many others. Sometimes, it may end up with some errors like a black screen or stuck while casting contents. There are several reasons for Vizio Smartcast TV not working error, like poor internet connectivity, a wrong configuration in your TV, errors in the SmartCast app, and many more things.
Must See: How to fix Discord no route issue?
We have added several fixes to rectify VizioSmartCast TV not working issue. You can check all the fixes one-by-one to keep the Vizio SmartCast working.
Solution 1: Restart everything
There are a couple of ways by which one can fix the Vizio SmartCast TV. The easiest method is to restart everything and check if it is working. Follow the steps to do the same.
- First of all, turn off your SmartCast TV, modem, and router (if available).
- Remove the SmartCast app from your smartphone and reinstall the same.
- Turn on your SmartCast TV, modem, router, and connect both TV and smartphone to the same network.
- Check if the problem is solved or not. Else try with the other solutions mentioned in this article.
Solution 2: Power Cycle your Vizio SmartCast TV
As we said above, there are a lot of ways to fix the Vizio SmartCast TV issue. The simplest method was restarting everything. Now let us Power Cycle your SmartCast TV. If you don’t know how to do this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For this, take your Vizio SmartCast TV remote and find the “menu” button.
- Tap on the “menu” button and choose the “Settings” option.
- Now, choose the “Reset & Admin” option.
- After this, select the “Power Cycle” option. Then click on the “Yes” option to confirm this. Your TV will now turn off and turn on aKa restart automatically.
- Now turn off your router, and switch it on the back after a few minutes. Do the same with your smartphone too.
- Once everything is switched on, check if the issue still exists or not.
Solution 3; Check your Internet Connection
In some cases, the reason for getting stuck while casting contents to your Vizio SmartCast TV will be of your internet connection. Vizio TV’s have a default option where you can test your network connection. We will also give some tips to improve your internet connection which will solve your problems.
- For testing your network, go to the “Network Menu” and then select the option named “Test Connection.”
- It will confirm if your TV is connected to an active internet connection. To improve your connection, follow the next set of steps.
- Ensure that your router is placed near the Vizio SmartCast TV and is placed a little higher than the TV.
- Connect your router to other devices, and check if it has an active internet connection.
- Or connect another network to your TV and try if it works or not.
Solution 4: Change your Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Settings!
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) assigns a unique IP address to each device connected to that network. If DHCP doesn’t work properly, there can be several issues, and it will be the reason for the Vizio SmartCast not to work properly. To enable DHCP, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Turn off your Vizio SmartCast TV. Now open a browser on your laptop or desktop.
- After this, open the login page of your router by entering the IP address of the router in the browser. Now log in using your username and password.
- Open the “Settings” menu of your router and find the DHCP section.
- Most probably, you can see this under the “Advanced” tab. Once you find it, enable the same. In case if it is already enabled, you can disable and enable it again.
- Save your “Settings” and exit from there.
- Check your Vizio SmartCast TV if the “Casting” works or not.
Solution 5: Perform a Factory Reset of your Vizio SmartCast TV!
If all the above methods don’t work, try performing a factory rest on your Vizio SmartCast TV. Please do note that any special settings done to the TV will be erased while performing a reset. There are two different ways of doing this. The first method is using the SmartCast TV remote and the other one from the TV itself.
Using the option on the TV
- For this, choose the “Menu” button on your SmartCast TV remote and then go to the “System” option.
- After this, go to the “System and admin” window.
- Now, choose “Reset SmartCast TV” to perform a factory reset.
- Once you have finished that, now check your Vizio SmartCast TV is working properly or not.
Using the buttons on the SmartCast remote
- Take your SmartCast TV remote, and press the “input button” and “volume down button” for 10 seconds or more.
- Now, a small bar will appear on the top of your Vizio SmartCast TV screen.
- After this, press again the “input key” for a minimum of 5 to 10 seconds, and then your Vizio TV will shut down.
- Finally, turn your TV on and follow the screen prompt instructions to complete the reset of your tv to the “factory settings.”
These are the different solutions to fix Vizio SmartCast TV not working issue. We are damn sure that anyone solution will solve your problem. Do share the article with your friends and family so that the article will reach a wider audience. Also, comment if you have any doubts about anything related to Vizio TV.