We already know that Android 10 is not on the card for OnePlus 3 and 3T. Both the devices have received their fair share of major Android updates with the Android Pie being the most recent version. Nonetheless, thanks to the LineageOS community, the devices are still alive with the support for Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1.
Must See: OnePlus Nord launched with Snapdragon 765G, 6.44-inch AMOLED display, quad-rear camera for $480
In case if you’d love to install the Android 10 on your OnePlus 3/3T, follow the steps given below and enjoy all the goodies of Android 10 with the added essence of LineageOS 17.1 features.
LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus 3/3T: Download.
TWRP for OnePlus 3/3T: Download.
How to Install LineageOS 17.1
Important: You need to be on OxygenOS 9.0.2 or above firmware, otherwise, you’ll get error 7 when installing the zip. The latest firmware is recommended.
First time flashing LineageOS 17.1 on your device, then follow the steps from 1 till the end. If you’re already on a custom ROM, then jump to the step 4.
- Download the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for the OnePlus 3/3T(same file for both of the device).
- Unlock the bootloader. Here is the guide on how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3/3T if it helps.
- Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended). Don’t know how to install TWRP? Well, have a look at here.
- Reboot your device to TWRP Recovery.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional).
- Wipe system data from TWRP.
- Now go to Install option and choose the LineageOS ROM
- Flash LineageOS
- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Now you should have the LineageOS 17.1 installed on your device. If you’re wondering, here are some of the features of LineageOS 17.1.
- Partial screenshot UI that lets you hand-select smaller parts of your screen and edit the screenshots.
- New adapted ThemePicker app from AOSP, with support for the usual range of accents, font change, icon shape, and icon resource changes.
- Fingerprint sensor to hide and protect apps within Trebuchet Launcher
- Updated Security Patches
- Wi-Fi Display
- Support for on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD) added.
- Support for pop-up and rotating cameras added.
- Much more.
Being official build, the LineageOS 17.1 should have few to none major bugs. So, we guess the ROM will be of great use for the OnePlus 3/3T users, given OnePlus has literally seized the official support. What do you guys think?