The Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus launched its well-equipped Android device, dubbed OnePlus 2 in 2015. Featuring the Android 5.1 Lollipop as an OS, OnePlus 2 contains a handsome collection of other quality technicalities onboard. Today’s guide will share how to install Android 10 on OnePlus 2 via Lineage OS 17.0. If you own the same device and looking forward to grabbing the latest Android update, it is worthful to spend some time here.
See More: Download OnePlus Nord Live Wallpapers
Android 10 is the latest (10th edition) of the Android platform launched by Google with a stunning collection of fruitful features. For those who are a novice to the Android community, it is an open-source mechanism by Google, which is customizable, modifiable as per user’s interests and tastes.
LIneageOS 17.0 on OnePlus 2
Recently, it has just got the unofficial version of lineage OS 17 developed by aviraxp (XDA Senior Member). Though the actual launch date is yet unknown, it incorporates all the Android 10 characteristics as it is based on the Android 10 Q source code to bring a new UI interface and system-wide force dark theme. Huge applause to him and the rest of the lineage team for making it possible to install LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 2 smartphone as a primary force.
However, the LineageOS 17 custom ROM is in the early development stage. You may encounter minor bugs in the present build, but the developer is working consistently to wipe them out soon. So, it is advisable not to install it on your primary handset. But if you keen to experience a glimpse of Android 10 on your OnePlus 2, you can proceed blatantly.
OnePlus 2 – Quick Look at Key Specifications
The aluminum alloy-made OnePlus 2 Android smartphone utilizes the 5.5” LTPS IPS display with 1920x1080p resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 skin layer. At the launch time, it was blessed with the Android 5.0 Lollipop OS with the Oxygen 3.5.6 UI interface.
The processing unit of the device is based on the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 octa-core 20nm SoC. The Adreno 430 GPU determines the graphical performance of the device.
In terms of storage, the OnePlus 2 comes with 3GB/16GB and 4GB/64GB selections but with no provision for memory expansion. The photography wing integrates the single 13MP primary camera besides a 5MP selfie shooter on the front. The 3300 mAh Li-Po battery manages the power requirements of OnePlus 2.
In others, the phone keeps front-mounted fingerprint scanner, Bluetooth 4.1, WIFI, GPS, Type-C, 3.5mm jack, and black color option.
Download LineageOS 17: Here
Install LineageOS 17 ROM on OnePlus 2 (Android 10)
Here, we will go through a step-by-step guide to install Android 10 using LineageOS ROM on OnePlus 2. So, let’s start with some preliminary requirements.
- First of all, confirm that you have reserved a separate backup of data on your OnePlus 2. Otherwise, it will be wiped out permanently.
- Your OnePlus 2’s battery must be charged over 70%.
- Most importantly, your OnePlus phone must be rooted, the bootloader should be unlocked and TWRP recovery should be installed.
- You also need to download the Lineage OS 17 custom ROM and GApps files and move them to your phone’s internal storage drive.
- Reboot your OnePlus 2 phone into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Once you reached the TWRP interface, hit the ‘Install’ button and locate for the LineageOS 17 custom ROM and select it.
- Alongside, also select the GApps file to flash it.
- Flashing will take a few seconds. Once done, simply reboot your OnePlus 2. It will be booted into Lineage OS 17 based on Android 10.
- Now, you have successfully installed Android 10 on OnePlus 2 using LineageOS 17 custom ROM. It allows you to enjoy the latest OS on your device with lots of lucrative configurations.