After launching OneUI, Samsung has increased the speed of pushing updates to its devices. Samsung had pushed its new OneUI 3.1 on top of Android 11 for almost all devices. Budget devices and Mid-range devices have received the new update. They have worked hard to achieve this target. Other brands are failing to give an update in the said time. Samsung launched its few A series devices like Galaxy A7, A8, and A8+ in 2018. These devices got updated into OneUI later by Samsung. If you want to enjoy the new Android 11 on these devices, you should opt for an unofficial method.
As we said, these devices are from 2018 and are powered by the Exynos 7885 SoC. The Android 11 is made possible by porting OneUI 3.1 of the Samsung Galaxy M31. Samsung had pushed Android 11 updates to budget devices like these. A big thanks to XDA Senior Member VDavid003 for porting the ROM. The ROM is known as TreeUI, and you can install the same on your device. The developer has also ported the vendor so you can use it as a GSI on your smartphones. However, the same thing is still in beta.
It means that the work is in progress and is expected to have some bugs. The main problem is that the Stock Samsung Camera app doesn’t work as of now. It will be fixed soon with an update. But you can use any third-party apps to click photos for the time being. Other major bugs include NFC not working. But it has got fixed for the Galaxy A7 2018. So you won’t be able to make contactless payments as of now on other models. Further, face unlock and Torch intensity are not working. You can install the ROM if you don’t want these things.
Install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy A7, A8, and A8+ 2018 models
As you know, to install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8, and Galaxy A8+ we need some prerequisites. The ROM is standard for these three devices because the processor is the same in all these devices. Once you have, you have to install TWRP to install the GSI. You can check XDA forums for unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP on your device. Once you have done this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Unlocked bootloader.
- TWRP installed.
- Download the GSI.
- 50%+ battery backup.
Steps to install the GSI on Galaxy A7, A8, and A8+ 2018 Models
- First, download the TreeUI GSI and copy the same to your internal storage. Do proceed with the steps if you have unlocked and installed TWRP on your device.
- Now turn off your phone. After this, press & hold the Volume Up + Power buttons.
- Now, your device will boot into the Recovery Mode aKa into TWRP.
- Tap on the Install option in the TWRP Recovery.
- Now, find and tap on the Tree UI GSI zip file which you have downloaded. Now, flash it on your phone.
- Once you have flashed the Tree UI Android 11 GSI, navigate to TWRP home and tap on the Wipe option.
- Now Swipe the slider to wipe data from your phone.
- Reboot and enjoy the new Android 11 on your device.
That’s it; it is a simple process to install. Share the article with your friends who owns the device. You can also share with other Samsung owners to try the GSI.