OnePlus has been proactive in pushing the OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11 to its latest flagships. Though in beta, the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 is now available for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro bringing a stable Android 11 experience for the latest OnePlus flagship owners.
Here we’ll be providing the step-by-step guide on how to install the OxygenOS 11 on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro. Also, find the rollback steps if in case you’re not happy with the Open Beta builds.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in the status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from the upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient display
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1,Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Supporting the Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
Install OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1
If you’re now on stable OxygenOS, then follow the below steps and upgrade to OxygenOS 11 Open Beta.
- Download the latest Open Beta ROM upgrade zip package from the link given above for your device.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the root folder of the phone storage.
- Go to Settings > System > System Updates > Click top-right icon > Local upgrade
- Then choose the corresponding installation package > upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%.
- Once the upgrade is complete, tap Restart.
The device should successfully boot with the OxygenOS 11 aka Android 11 for OnePlus.
In case if you feel the OxygenOS 11 half-baked or not stable enough. You may downgrade to the stable channel by following the below steps.
- Download the Rollback zip package from the link given above.
- Copy the Rollback package to the root folder of the phone storage.
- Go to Settings > System > System Updates > tap top right icon > Local upgrade
- Then tap on the corresponding installation package > upgrade.
- Once the upgrade completes, Restart.
That’s it, now you’re back on the stable.