Realme 3 Pro is one of the popular mid-range Android phones of 2019. It was launched with Android 9 Pie onboard that can be upgradable to Android 10 now. But if you don’t want to use the ColorOS or you want some more control on your phone. Then you should root your Realme 3 Pro and install a custom ROM or custom mods. Here in this article, we will guide you to install TWRP recovery on your phone and after that how to root Realme 3 Pro.
Realme 3 Pro is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 and Adreno 616 GPU. It pairs 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage that can be expandable via microSD card. Realme 3 Pro packed with dual-camera at the back with a 16MP camera + 5MP camera. On the front side, there is a 25MP camera for selfies and video chats. The phone features a 6.3 inch IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Realme 3 Pro has a 4045 mAh battery with 20W fast charging.
What is rooting?
In case you don’t know rooting is the process through which we can attain the full control (root access) of the Android operating system. The main goal of rooting a device is to overcome limitations that some of the Smartphone manufacturers have applied on. Moreover, after rooting an Android device you can install Custom ROMs that usually increase the performance of your phone.
Note: Gadgetsay is no way responsible for any damage to data or device occurs while following the guide. Rooting your Android device will void the warranty, and you won’t be able to receive an official OTA update after that.
Guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Realme 3 Pro
To install Twrp Recovery you should do some prerequisite things like to unlock the bootloader of your Realme 3 Pro and more. We have listed all the things below.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot tools in a folder on your PC.
- Backup all your important data on any external media.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock from the developer options. You can enable Developer options on your phone by tapping 7 times on the build number of the phone.
- Keep your phone charged above 70% for flawless installation.
- Make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of Realme 3 Pro.
- Download TWRP and Magisk ZIP. Save both of the files in the same ADB and Fastboot folder
Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3 Pro
- You should unlock the bootloader of Realme 3 Pro before this. We assume that you had unlocked the bootloader of your phone.
- Go to the ADB and Fastboot folder and press SHIFT +Right Click in the empty space to open Powershell commands.
- Now connect your phone to the PC and enter the command written below to boot into Fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- To flash the TWRP recovery on your Realme 3 Pro execute the command written below.
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- If the flashing is successfully completed, that’s it. Now TWRP recovery is installed on Realme 3 Pro.
Steps to Root Realme 3 Pro
After installing the TWRP recovery, now, it is the time to root Realme 3 Pro using Magisk zip.
- Place the Magisk Zip in the Internal storage of your phone.
- Boot your phone into the TWRP recovery mode by pressing power + volume button for 3 seconds.
- Now, Select the Recovery Mode by pressing the Power Button. Select Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Cache Data.
- Now, tap on the install button in TWRP Recovery and select the Magisk.zip file. After that Magisk installation process completes in a few seconds.
- Realme 3 Pro will reboot and you will see a Magisk app in the apps drawer. You can now manage the permissions from the Magisk manager.
- That’s it, Your phone is now root and you can install the compatible custom ROM or any compatible Custom Module.
We hope you successfully rooted your Realme 3 Pro. Now if you want to install a custom ROM on your Realme 3 Pro you can go through our article on Best Custom ROMs for Realme 3 Pro. However, if you have any issue by following the method above kindly use the comment box to communicate with us. We will try to provide you a solution.