Installing Xposed is becoming stricter day by day. With every new iteration of Android, it requires a lot of steps for installation. If you don’t know what Xposed is, it is a framework that helps the users add modules aKa add-ons to the ROM. As you guessed, for installing Xposed, rooting your smartphone is a must-do requirement. Some users love to use their Stock ROM with these add-ons. So it will help them to avoid using custom ROMs. The main benefit is that some smartphones have less developer support, so those custom ROMs cannot be used as a daily driver. It is where Xposed’s service comes in handy as you can get additional features within the Stock ROM. Also, we can’t confirm that Xposed may work flawlessly on every device.
In some, it’s reported to have some issues. Xposed was famous until Magisk came. The reason for Magisk to gain popularity is its ability to bypass Google SafetyNet. But after the introduction of Magisk, developers found a way to install Xposed as a module in Magisk. However, Xposed isn’t officially available for Android 11. But you can install the same through some steps.
How to Install Xposed Framework on Android 11
Before getting into the installation process, there are some must-do requirements. One of them is “rooting your smartphone.” If you don’t know how to root your smartphone, you can visit your device’s telegram group to do the same. We have recently covered an article for rooting few LG phones like LG G8, G8S, G8X, and V50 ThinQ. You can click here to read the same. If you are all set, then read and download our requirement list before starting the installation process.
- For this, first, make sure that you have installed the latest Magisk and Magisk Manager on your phone. Note that your Magisk version should be or higher than v21.
- After this, take a full backup of your device. The reason why we are saying this is if anything happens, you can restore all your data.
- Then download the Magisk Riru Core zip by clicking here.
- You should also download Riru Manager APK.
- Finally, download the EdXposed Manager APK on your phone. Make sure to download the EdXposed YAHFA zip along with that.
- Make sure that your device has at least 40% of battery backup.
Detailed steps to install Xposed on your Android 11 running device.
- Before installation, copy all the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Once you are done with copying, now open your Magisk Manager. Then ensure that you are using the latest one. If you are using an older version, you can find an option for updating.
- Then install Riru Manager apk and EdXposed Manager apk, which you have downloaded before.
- If the process has ended, now open Magisk Manager again.
- From here, tap on the fourth icon, which will open the modules section.
- Tap on the “install from storage” option, which you can see on your screen.
- Now search for the Riru Core zip, which you have downloaded earlier.
- Tap on the file to start the installation process. Once it’s installed, then restart your smartphone.
- After rebooting your device, open Magisk Manager again and tap on the modules section.
- Search for the EdXposed YAHFA zip, which you have downloaded before. Tap on the same to start the installation process.
- Reboot again after the installation is completed.
- Now install both the EdXposed Manager APK and the Riru Manager APK.
- Grant both the apps with the requested permissions, including root access.
- Open the EdXposed Manager app and then tap on the three dots menu, which you can find to the top left. From here, go to the Modules section.
- Then enable EdXposed Module and reboot your device once again.
- There you go, you guys can use EdXposed on your Android 11 smartphone without any issues.
Please note that if your device has been bricked, you will need to delete the module files such as riru-core & riru_edxposed. In case if you don’t know the location of the file, it will be available from the data and then tap on ADB and finally on Modules. You can delete both files by booting into custom recovery. From here, navigate to Advanced and tap on File Manager, and finally, locate those files. Sometimes you can’t boot into recovery, or if you don’t have any custom recovery installed, you can delete those files with ADB commands.
How to Install Xposed Modules on Android 11
Till now, you have learned how to install Xposed in your Android 11 running smartphone. Now we’ll look into the matter of installing modules in Xposed.
- For this, first, download the module that you wish to install on your smartphone.
- Then copy the downloaded module to your device’s internal storage.
- Before getting into the process, make sure that the Xposed Framework is active and is working. To confirm this, you can open the EdXposed installer and check if it is showing green or not.
- After this, install the Module apk on your device.
- Once you finish installing the module apk, now open the EdXposed installer and tap on the menu (three-bar), which you can see in the top left.
- From here, navigate to Modules, and then you can find the Module that you installed before.
- As expected, it will not be activated, as you can see. To activate it, tap on the box to check it.
- After this, reboot your smartphone, and now your Module will start working.
If you wonder where you can download Xposed framework modules, you can download the same directly from the EdXposed Installer itself. There are other ways to download the same as you can download from the Xposed repository. The installation process of every module is the same as the above steps.
Popular modules include Gravity Box, Amplify Battery Extender, BootManager, Greenify, Xstana, XPrivacy, Youtube AdAway, WhatsApp Extensions, Snapprefs, Crappalinks, Screen filter, and many more. There are a ton of modules even in the year 2021. You can comment if you need us guys to explain each of these modules individually. Do share the article with your friends and family so they can also enjoy these modules.