This article will introduce you to one of the most famous games of the world – cricket. There will be all the main and necessary information about the game, cricket tournaments, obligatory rules and some interesting features.
A little about cricket
Cricket is a non-contact team sport that is part of a family of games that use a bat and a ball. Game originated in the 16th century in the south of England. By the end of the 18th, it became one of the national sports. The first test matches between national teams were held in the middle of the 19th century.
Rules and necessary information
Knowing all the conditions, any person will imagine what the game is like. All main rules are described below:
- Cricket is played by two teams of 11, with one side taking a turn to bat a ball and score runs, while the other one will bowl and field the ball to restrict the opposition from scoring. The main objective in cricket is to score as many runs as possible against the opponent. Before the match begins, according to the cricket rules the captain of both teams will toss a coin, with the winner of the toss being able to decide which team bats and fields first;
- Each cricket game consists of periods known as innings, and the number of innings that each team has will be determined before the match, usually one or two. During an inning, one team bats the ball while the other attempts to field. Both teams take turns alternating between batting and fielding;
- The match takes place on an oval cricket field. Which consists of a rectangular pitch in the center. A boundary marks the perimeter of the field, and can take the form of a fence, ropes or lines. Additionally, a wooden target known as the wicket is placed on both ends of the rectangular pitch, approximately 20 meters apart. It is made out of three stumps, supporting two bails that sit on the stumps;
- While the game is in progress, all 11 members of the fielding team have to be on the field. But only two members of the batting team are allowed to be on the playing ground. A player is selected from the fielding team and he is known as the bowler, while the rest of the 10 players are known as fielders. The bowler will attempt to hit the wicket with the ball, while one of the fielders – specifically known as the wicket keeper – crouches behind the wicket to catch the ball if it misses;
- Lines also mark the pitch, with a line called the bowling crease placed in line to the wicket. Another one, known as the popping or batting crease, is located around 1.2 meters in front of the wicket. These creases determine the area in which the bowler and batter can operate.
This sport in its popularity in certain countries can be compared with football. The game is considered one of the main choices for players when making bets. And they are suitable for any type of cricket tournament.
Three formats of cricket
Like all the famous sports the game has tournaments. The most important tournaments of cricket are Test matches, One-Day Internationals and Twenty20 Internationals. Below there will be the information about types of the cricket match:
- Test matches.
Test cricket is the traditional form of the game, which is settled in a five-day format which comprises two innings each. It is considered the pinnacle form because it tests teams over a longer period of time. Teams need to exhibit endurance, technique and temperament in different conditions to do well in this format;
- One-Day Internationals.
Also known as ODIs, are one-innings matches of 50 overs per side, in which teams with a blend of technique, speed and skill are expected to do well. The 50-over format has developed in more recent years with the ICC also organizing the Champions Trophy for the top eight ranked teams, the ICC Women’s World Cup every four years and the ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup every two years;
- Twenty20 Internationals.
Are the newest, shortest and fastest form of the game. This format of 20 overs per side has brought in new audiences and also triggered new skill sets and innovations. A Twenty20 International match is usually completed in three hours and with huge hitting, skillful bowling and amazing fielding it has been hugely popular with fans right around the world.
Such competitions are considered the most famous among all cricket tournaments. These matches are played under the rules and regulations approved by the International Cricket Council, which also provides match officials for them.
What about betting on cricket on important tournaments of cricket?
Knowledge of the sport and competition formats are key, but if you don’t know, it will become much harder for you to successfully bet on cricket and win. Below there are the most popular online gambling formats and ways of how to make bets on a cricket game:
|Match Winner||Some sportsbooks offer the option to bet on a draw depending on the competition format. There are also often “double chance” cricket bets, a popular soccer betting format, where one can wager on a team to win or draw.|
|Innings Runs||Fans can choose to bet the exact number of runs in an inning, over or under a predicted runs total set by an online sportsbook. In some cricket formats, there are only two innings, with each cricket team batting once. In other, there are four or more.|
|First Ball/First Over Betting||Some online betting sites list cricket odds for specific outcomes of the first ball but many simply list an over and under run total for the first ball and the first over.|
Knowing these options, the player can easily bet on his favorite sport and get big winnings. All that remains is to find the right site and register, which is easy to do at https://betraja.in/cricket-betting-sites/. Welcome to cricket betting!