Rooting an Android device begets lots of amusements that are being refrained from users by OEM developers. The in-hand guide will illustrate how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and install TWRP recovery on it. So, as an avid Android devotee, you should follow the detailed guide until the end to win access to the hidden stuff.
See More: List of Best Custom ROMs for Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)
TWRP recovery continues to thrive in a blistering way to be the most favorite choice of Android users. It is a widely-used software application to transform your Stock firmware into a more flexible and handier surface. However, it also involves some risks and you will lose some established features in the form of Samsung Health, Samsung Pass, Secure Folder, Samsung Pay, and Secret Mode, etc.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was introduced back in 2018. It was arguably one of the best flagship devices to date. The producer studded the device with a 6.4” Super AMOLED Always-on touch display, dual back, and dual front camera configurations.
When it comes to the processing department, it came with Exynos 9810 as well as Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC editions. The Android 8.1 Oreo was assigned to the software department along with the One UI 2.0 skin interface. With 6GB/128GB & 8GB/512GB storage options, 4000 mAh battery, multiple sensors, and color options, the handset seemed to destroy the market efficiently.
Now, let’s consider the main concern of how to root Galaxy Note 9 Exynos smartphone and then flashing TWRP recovery. The handset supports good third-party developer support, and it was eligible to grab the TWRP recovery and rooting process just 2 weeks after the official launch.
Must See: How to flash TWRP and root Galaxy Note 8 Exynos
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)
If you want to wean away from the preinstalled bloatware, then rooting the device is a must-required process. We should be thankful for the XDA senior developer gieti94, who has made TWRP recovery available for the given handset. Additionally, we also have Magisk 17.1, which also supports the new range of Samsung devices like S9, S9+, and Note 9, of course.
Now, without grappling with any further ado, let’s jump straight to the process.
- Compatible with Exynos Snapdragon processor-based Galaxy Note 9– SM-N960F, SM-N960FD, and SM-N960N.
- Secondly, make sure you have created a full backup of your data (messages, contacts, and other files) that you consider important.
- Your handset’s battery must be charged at least 70% to perform the rooting process without any interruption.
- Now, download the latest Samsung USB drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 9 Exynos device.
- Now is the turn to download and extract the latest Odin flash tool on the computer.
Steps to Flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 9
- First of all, switch off your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Exynos.
- During your phone is being powered off, hold the Volume Down & Bixby Button. It will get your device into the Download Mode.
- Now, connect your Samsung phone with PC via a USB cable.
- Now, launch the Odin Flash tool. Make sure the COM port is turned blue at the top-left corner of the Odin window.
- Next, tap on ‘AP’ and find the TWRP recovery. Here you need to be alert while booting your device into recovery mode.
- Further, you will click the ‘Start’ button in the Odin interface while pressing the Volume Up + Bixby + Power Button to install TWRP recovery.
- Once the installation process is finished, a ‘PASS’ message will appear in the Odin tool. Now, you have flashed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Exynos phone.
Root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Exynos using Magisk
- Boot your device into the TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now, follow the ‘Wipe” >> ‘Format Data’ >> and then type YES in the space to confirm data demolition and then hit Enter.
- Once done, now, click the Reboot button and then Recovery.
- When your Samsung device is rebooted back to the TWRP menu, you will transfer the Magisk 17.1 installer zip and RMM Bypass to the internal storage space of your handset.
- Now, tap on Install and then select the RMM_State_Bypass_Mesa_v2.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Further, install the Magisk 17.1 installer zip file to root the phone.
- It will take some seconds. Wait and tap on the ‘Reboot System’ once the installation process is finished.
So, this is the step-by-step guide on how we can root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos) and install TWRP Recovery. Hopefully, it will help you in rooting your device to explore the hidden potential of it.
Related: How to Root Galaxy A20 and Install TWRP Recovery easily