The smartphone industry is on the overwhelming surge. The number of Android smartphone owners is increasing at a rapid pace. Today, we have a dedicated guide on how Huawei P20 Lite phone users can suck the maximum juice of their handset. This is to learn how to root Huawei P20 Lite Android smartphone to yield the maximum performance by unlocking the hidden potential.
Must See: Huawei Y9a officially announced with MediaTek helio G80, 64MP quad camera, and 40W SuperCharge
Huawei is a great brand from China with a cumbersome authority in the smartphone market segment. With a magnificent product portfolio at affordable pricing, Huawei has captivated an enormous user-base throughout the globe. It is not to exaggerate that Huawei is amongst the superpowers of the smartphone industry, posing a tough challenge to the likes of Xiaomi, Samsung, OnePlus, Vivo, and others.
Diverting to the prime point, rooting Huawei P20 Lite brings lots of perks. It unlocks various hidden nerves and skills of the handset that the manufacturer doesn’t want users to have access to. Making a few careful steps leads you to the root directory of your Huawei P20 Lite to revise it as per your own taste.
So, what are the steps to root Huawei P20 Lite? Well, before we get to the detailed process, let’s have a quick eye on its features and specifications first.
Huawei P20 Lite: A Quick Feature Scan
The Huawei P20 Lite 4G smartphone was launched back in March 2018 with the Android 8.0 Oreo OS. The dual-SIM handset features the 5.84” LTPS IPS Full HD+ display with 2280x1080p resolution, 432 PPI pixels density, and 19:9 aspect ratio.
The heart of the device adjoins the Kirin 659 octa-core SoC in connection with the MALI-T830 MP2 GPU. The RAM slot has static 4GB RAM, while the internal storage varies as 32GB/64GB/128GB.
Furthermore, the Huawei P20 Lite utilizes dual (16MP + 2MP) snappers on the rear and two (16MP + 24MP) on the front to assist photography. Likewise, the 3000 mAh Li-Po battery (18W Fast Charging) is there to meet the power requirements.
Additionally, the Huawei P20 Lite phone boasts a rear-placed fingerprint scanner, Bluetooth, WIFI, 3.5mm jack, FM Radio, NFC, GPS, OTG, and many more value-added tools.
Steps to Root Huawei P20 Lite Smartphone Using Magisk
Well, as a Huawei P20 Lite owner, you need TWRP recovery to install on your device before you gear up to the rooting process. You will be glad to know that TWRP 3.2.1 is now available for your device. So, let’s finish with the TWRP recovery installation first.
- Charge your Huawei P20 Lite phone by up to 70%.
- Download TWRP 3.2.1 for Huawei P20 Lite
- Download Magisk 18.1 file (for rooting purpose) and move it to your device’s internal storage drive.
- Download No Verity Opt Encrypt.zip file.
- Arrange for a laptop/PC and a USB cable.
- Make a separate backup of your important data.
- Download ADB Fastboot and Platform tools.
- Unlock your phone’s Bootloader.
Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Lite
- First of all, extract the TWRP 3.2.1 file and then rename it to recovery.img after moving it to the Platform Tools folder.
- Now, switch off your Huawei phone and restart it in Fastboot Mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Further, take the USB cable and connect your phone with PC.
- Now is the time to open the CMD Windows Prompt by right-clicking on the empty area in the Platform Tools folder.
- You will now check your phone’s connection status by typing the command ‘fastboot devices’ in the command prompt.
- Next, you will flash TWRP recovery via the command ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.’
- It will eat some seconds to finish the process. That’s it in the TWRP recovery installation job.
Root Huawei P20 Lite
- To start with, kindly switch off your Huawei P20 Lite smartphone. Now, you will restart it in the TWRP recovery mode by pressing the Power button + Volume Up button simultaneously.
- Now, you will have to make Nandroid backup by hitting the Backup > Require Partition > Swipe Slider on the TWRP interface.
- Further, you will click the ‘Install’ button and then search for the Magisk file you have downloaded earlier.
- Next, you will have to hit the Install button again and locate the encrypt.zip file.
- Now, swipe the slider to the right to initiate the installation process.
- It will occupy a few minutes to root your Huawei P20 Lite.
- Once finished, reboot your phone.
- That’s all in the Huawei P20 Lite root process. Now, you are all set to enjoy amazing features, which you have never come across earlier.
So, this is how to root Huawei P20 Lite to unlock the hidden capabilities of the device. Hopefully, you have followed the steps vigilantly and finished with great pleasure. However, if you face any inconvenience, we are here to welcome your queries around the clock.