You don’t need to flash TWRP recovery to root Infinix Hot 7 Pro Android smartphone. This guide stresses an easy-to-use and simple-forward method to root Infinix Hot 7 Pro using Magisk. It is recommended that you read & follow all the steps vigilantly to avoid any type of mishap during the rooting process.
Must See: Infinix Smart 4 Plus launched with 6.28-inch display, Helio A25 SoC for Rs 7999 ($107) in India
Rooting an Android smartphone or any other device always brings additional perks and rewards to users. In fact, it is a key to unlock various hidden capabilities and potential of your handset. It provides privileged control over plenty of Android subsystems and settings.
It is a legitimate way to get the best juice of any Android device but at the cost of some essential amenities. While rooting your Infinix Hot 7 Pro, you will go bereft of the following provisions:
- Rooting voids your phones’ warranty.
- If the rooting process encounters any issue, your device may be bricked forever.
- Similarly, users will no longer be eligible to get OTA updates on their Infinix Hot 7 Pro.
Before we execute the activities to root Infinix Hot 7 Pro, let’s have a cursory glance over the handset’s specs-sheet.
Infinix Hot 7 Pro – Device Overview
The Infinix Hot 7 Pro handset was launched in March last year. The dual-SIM device captures tons of fruitful features alongside lucrative style and design. It is a slim and portable device with an all-screen approach and gorgeous finish around.
In the software wing, the phone runs the Android 9.0 Pie OS. On the front, you get the 6.2” HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio, 1520x720p resolution and 2.5D curved glass module.
Further, the Infinix Hot 7 Pro device configures the MediaTek Helio P25 SoC on the 2GB/32GB variant, while the 3GB/32GB & 6GB/64GB variants share the MediaTek Helio P22 processor. In terms of photography skills, the 4G handset utilizes the dual-cam (13MP + 2MP) systems on the back as well as on the front (13MP + 2MP).
In the power circuit, the Infinix Hot 7 Pro equips a 4000 mAh battery. Some of the other crucial specifications include a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, FM Radio, GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, OTG, loudspeaker, and 3.5mm jack.
Buyers have four color alternatives – Mocha Brown, Aqua Blue, Midnight Black & Bordeaux Red.
Root Infinix Hot 7 Pro 4G using Magisk Patch Boot Image
Through the following piece, you will get the detailed guide on how to root Infinix Hot 7 Pro using Magisk.
- Your Infinix Hot 7 Pro should be charged more than 70%.
- You should take a backup of your important data & files stored on your phone.
- Users also need a computer/laptop and a USB cable.
- ADB & Fastboot Drivers for computer
- Download Stock ROM & USB Drivers for Infinix Hot 7 Pro (2019) x625c + x625b
- MediaTek VCOM Drivers
- Download & install SP Flash Tool on your computer
Procedure for Extract & Patch Boot.image File with Magisk
- At first, you will extract the ROM on your PC.
- Now, take the USB cable to connect your phone with PC and copy the boot.image file from the extracted folder and paste it in your device’s storage.
- Further, launch the Magisk Manager. It will show the popup window asking you to install the Magisk.
- Now, you will have to hit the Install button and then click on the ‘Patch Boot image File.’
- After that, you will navigate your Infinix Hot 7 Pro’s internal storage to select the boot image file.
- It will eat only a couple of seconds for Magisk to patch the boot image file.
- Once the patching process is finished, copy the patched_boot.img from the internal storage and paste it in the extracted ROM folder on PC.
- Now, you are all eligible to install the patched boot image file on your Infinix Hot 7 Pro phone.
Infinix Hot 7 Pro – Rooting Process
- First, extract the ADB Fastboot tool, and then move the patched boot image file to this folder.
- Further, open the Windows Command Prompt by holding the Shift Key + Right-Click in an empty area in the folder.
- This is the time to enter the following command – fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- If you have an equipment with the A/B partition system, you need to enter the following commands –
Fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
Fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Next, you will replace the patched_boot.img file with the name of the boot image file, followed by the .img extension.
- It will finish the flashing process and take some moments to complete. After finishing the process, run the fastboot reboot command.
- That’s it in the rooting process. Now, you have rooted your Infinix Hot 7 Pro phone successfully.
- You can also check if the process goes flawlessly or not by using the Magisk Manager App. In the app interface, you will see all the options with green ticks if the rooting process is successful.