I think this is a topic whose time has come because many LG smartphone users are frustrated with how to root LG V20. Therefore, it’s imperative that we get this process correctly to avoid any confusion that may lead to unintended consequences such as bricked devices that cannot be recovered. A proper root process will enable smartphone users to better manage their devices.
Why root LG V20?
The LG V20 was released in October 2016 and has a replaceable 3200 mAh lithium-ion battery. It launched with Android 6.0 and was updated to version 7.0. The smartphone has a large 5.7-inch screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels and a secondary screen resolution of 160 x 1040 pixels. The V20 comes equipped with LG UX 5.0.
A lot of smartphone users with this device attempt to execute the whole rooting process on their own in one way or another. Many fail. Successful rooting is very desirable for several reasons. The primary reason to seek root access though is a desire to be able to modify the device beyond ways the manufacturer intended. So rooting helps you circumvent manufacturer imposed limitations. This in many ways helps you better manage your device in ways you wouldn’t be able to do via the pre-installed firmware.
Advantages of Rooting
- After rooting your device, you can block ads from all installed apps.
- You can also configure a custom ROM for your device.
- By rooting the device, you can install non-Google Playstore apps on your device.
- Rooting also offers additional viewing options and internal memory.
- At the same time, maximum battery life and device speed are achieved.
- In addition, the OEM already installed on the device is deleted and a full backup of the device is created.
Rooting Tools for LG V20
There are many rooting utilities in the Android developer community marketplace.
However, LG as a brand is not very widely supported when it comes to Android modding, this may be due to the company’s lack of support or unavailability of the source code of newly released products which makes it difficult for developers to come up with tools. Nonetheless, enterprising developers will find ways to make things work even for devices that lack wide support and such is the case for LG V20. We hereby recommend two wonderful utilities to aid the rooting process as follows:
These two utilities offer complete rooting of the LG V20 as well as every other LG smartphone.
Root LG V20 with Stump Root Tool
Specifications for using Stump Root:
Stump Root is an excellent rooting tool that LG users can use to properly root the device. It is an excellent tool developed by the XDA development team and an excellent tool specially designed for rooting LG devices.
If you decide to go with this rooting tool, ensure you only download and install the latest version of the tool. Stump Root APK is a one-click rooting app for Android that is very useful and designed specifically for LG smartphones and tablets. LG devices currently supported by Stump Root include LG Q7, LG Q7 Plus, LG G, LG SP, and LG V10. It has a very user-friendly user interface.
Steps to Root:
- First, enable “Unknown source” in the settings of your LG Android device.
- Download Stump Root APK onto your device.
- Next, you need to install the downloaded Stump Root APK on your LG V20.
- Finally, you can accomplish the rooting of your LG V20 with Stump Root by clicking the “Grind” button on the main user interface.
Having explored every method of rooting this device, we can confidently conclude that this is by far the best and most efficient way to root LG V20 smartphone. Therefore, this is a process we highly recommend for anyone that’s new to Android modding. This process is easy, requires no complicated configurations and software downloads, give it a try and let us know what you think.
Root LG V20 with Kingo Root Tool:
Working with Kingo Root Installation:
Kingo Root is also one of the best one-click rooting utilities for LG V20 smartphone. Once you root you’ll be able to manage your device quickly and easily.
- Download and prepare Kingo Root before you can root your device.
- Has your LG device powered on? This absolutely Important.
- In addition, the battery level of the device must be at least 60%.
- Ensure that you have an active Internet connection.
- You must allow the installation of applications from unknown sources. To do this Go to Settings >> Security >> Unknown sources and enable.
Steps to root
- First, download and install Kingo Root.
- Then click on the icon to start using the tool.
- Click the “One-Click Root” button at the bottom of the UI
- The rooting process is complete
- Restart the device to continue using.
You can use the root checker app to confirm if the rooting process was a success and your LG V20 was indeed rooted. This will help alleviate any doubts.
That’s pretty much how to root LG V20 smartphone fast and easily using Stump Root or Kingo Root, rooting utilities for the LG smartphone. If you found this article useful please do not hesitate to share and if you have any questions let us know in the comments section below.