Here is our guide to root OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro smartphones via Magisk. The article will fetch you through the step-by-step guide to make the process smoother for you. If you want to root any of the above-said devices, then follow the steps precisely and carefully.
OnePlus is a well-recognized and august technology brand from China. It has established an identity as an affordable developer for premium flagship smartphones. Back in 2019, the company launched OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro smartphones with scads of high-tech features.
Later, third-party developers take some deeper attention to building custom tools for the OnePlus duo. It was the Magisk program that can be accessed to root the phones for further improvements.
Thereafter, developers also have got success in generating a one-click auto Magisk install tool for the devices. This development was like a boon for users who are immature to the technicalities and looking to root the OnePlus 7T Pro using Magisk.
What differentiates OnePlus than other manufacturers is its open policy pertains to rooting. Unlike other companies, OnePlus doesn’t void the warranty while rooting the device. However, any havoc that occurred to your device during the rooting process is not accountable under the same policy.
Now, let’s leave the unnecessary bafflement and jump to the central point. When users want to customize their OnePlus 7T/Pro to get the most out of it, this is where the role of rooting comes into existence. Rooting OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro open doors to several other locked options of devices.
Further, we will learn how to root OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro one-by-one. Make sure to read the full text if you really aim at.
Root OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro smartphone
Let’s take the OnePlus 7T under discussion first. Before you start, you need to arrange for some preliminary requirements in order to root OnePlus 7T.
- You need to have an active internet connection.
- Backup important data as the process will lead to device formatting.
- Further, you need a PC/laptop with Fastboot and ADB drivers installed.
- A USB cable to connect your OnePlus 7T to your PC.
- The Bootloader should be in an unlocked state.
These prerequisites are good to proceed to install the TWRP recovery on your OnePlus handset. Here’re the steps to follow for the same;
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T
- Enable USB Debugging. For it, you can go to Settings > About Phone and then tap on the Build Number 7 times consecutively. It will unlock Developer Options. Under Developer Options, you can find and enable the ‘USB Debugging’ and ‘Advanced Reboot’ options.
- Download the latest version of TWRP recovery from our guide.
- Now, boot your OnePlus 7T into the Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the power key + Volume Up + Volume Down.
- Connect your phone with a PC.
- Further, press Shift + Right Click on the empty area and select the Open Command Prompt Window in the extracted ADB Folder.
- In the command prompt, type the ‘fastboot flash recovery ’ command and drag the TWRP image file you downloaded earlier.
- Press ‘Enter’ to start the flashing process.
- Once completed, type the command ‘fastboot reboot’ and press Enter to reboot your OnePlus 7T Android device.
This is the process to flash TWRP recovery on OnePlus 7T. Now is the time to root the device.
Steps to root OnePlus 7T using Magisk
- Make sure you have installed TWRP Recovery on your handset.
- Download the Magisk.zip file (latest version).
- Now, press and hold the power button to click the ‘Recovery’ option to boot your OnePlus 7T into Recovery Mode.
- Click on ‘Install’.
- Select the downloaded Magisk.zip file.
- To confirm the flash, swipe the button.
- Once flashing done, tap on ‘Reboot System’ to reboot your phone.
That’s it for rooting the OnePlus 7T Android smartphone.
Root the OnePlus 7T Pro smartphone using Magisk
Now, let’s learn how to root the professional edition of the same family. Rooting OnePlus 7T Pro with Magisk is also a simple process. So, let’s move to follow the steps.
- Your phone’s bootloader should be unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging mode using our guide.
- Make sure your OnePlus 7T Pro’s battery is 60% charged.
- Download ‘Java Runtime Environment’ and install it on your PC.
- Reserve your phone’s data and other important files.
- Download the Magisk AutoInstall zip file.
Steps to install Magisk on OnePlus 7T Pro
Following are the steps you can follow to root your OnePlus 7T Pro smartphone. Be attentive while following the guide, otherwise you may demolish your phone forever.
- Enable USB Debugging and install Java Runtime Environment on your PC.
- Now, open the MagiskInstaller_hotdog_20191111.jar file. If double-click doesn’t work, then you can open the CMD to type the command ‘MagiskInstaller_hotdog_20191111.jar’.
- It will flash Magisk.
- Now reboot your phone.
That’s it. You OnePlus 7T Pro has been rooted successfully. Hence, the Magisk AutoInstall tool makes the rooting process simpler and less complicated. If you still witness any issue, feel free to ask in the comment section.