This is a detailed guide on how to root the Poco M2 Pro Android smartphone. The company launched the device a couple of months ago in July in India. It was probably the 2nd addition in India by Poco after a grand success with Poco X2. The quad-cam model is a rebranded edition of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (global variant) to come along with a superb feature-set.
What is Rooting?
When it comes to rooting any Android-based handset, it unlocks floodgates to scads of amenities. As an avid Android user, you always look to yield the maximum output of your device. Rooting is something to help you in this regard.
In fact, your Android devices’ true capabilities and talent are hidden behind the rooting process. Once you root your phone, you come across aplenty of incredible features and authority you have never experienced on the unrooted phone.
Rooting an Android smartphone simply indicates a way to allow your phone a superpower. All the credit goes to Android’s open-source nature that allows developers to extract source code from Android to generate their own operating system image.
In terms of benefits, rooting brings tons of perks for you. Some of them are as follow;
- Advance to the newer edition of Android
- Supports incompatible apps
- Performance enhancement via custom Kernel
- Install custom ROM
- Access to a big library of apps
- Access to Magisk modules, substratum theme engine, etc.
- Removes bloatware apps
On the 2nd side of the coin, rooting involves some risks to your phone as well:
- You will lose your phone’s warranty
- Your Poco M2 Pro will no longer be secure
- If anything goes incorrect, your device may be damaged permanently.
- Most importantly, you no longer be able to get OTA updates on your handset.
Now, let’s move ahead to know what the Poco M2 Pro phone is all about briefly before we jump to the rooting process.
Poco M2 Pro 4G – Specifications overview
In terms of features, the Poco M2 Pro phone looks a great blend of superb qualities and attractive design. The physique appears supercool, presenting a punch-hole display and a 4-camera module on the plastic frame.
On the front, it boasts a 6.67” HD+ IPS panel with 2400x1080p resolution, 395 PPI density, HDR10, 450-nit brightness, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Further, the Poco M2 Pro runs the Android 10 OS with MIUI 11 on top. The processing department configures the Snapdragon 720G octa-core unit for better gaming performance. In terms of storage, Poco offers three alternatives – 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB, and 6GB/128GB.
The photography skills seem astonishing with a quad-cam system on the back. There is a mix of 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP shooters, while the selfie lens measures 16MP. the power storage capacity of the device is a magnificent 5000 mAh along with 33W Fast Charging.
In others, the Poco M2 Pro smartphone hosts Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi GPS, 3.5mm jack, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, OTG, infrared port, FM Radio, Type-C, and more.
How to Root Poco M2 Pro?
This is the section to give you a step-by-step guide on the rooting procedure. Follow the steps carefully as a little negligence may cause a significant loss to your phone.
- Create a copy of your phone data.
- Charge your Poco M2 Pro phone minimum of up to 70%.
- Arrange for a PC/laptop plus a USB cable.
- ADB & Fastboot Drivers, Xiaomi USB Drivers, Magisk file, latest Stock ROM for Poco M2 Pro.
- First, extract the Stock ROM file on your pc.
- Now, connect your Poco M2 Pro to pc via USB cable and move the boot.img file (from the extracted folder) to the handset’s storage.
- Open Magisk Manager and proceed to install.
- Once done, click on the ‘Patch Boot Image File’ option.
- Now, hunt for the boot.img file by navigating your phone’s internal storage.
- Magisk will take a couple of seconds to patch the file.
- Now, copy the patched_boot.img file from your devices’ storage and paste it in the extracted folder on your PC.
- Next, you will proceed to extract the ADB & Fastboot tool to move the patched boot image file in it.
- To open the command window, press and hold the Shift key plus Right Mouse click.
- Type the command ‘fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img.’
- Pay attention here. If you have a device with A/B partition system, you will follow the commands, as mentioned below.
- Fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
- Fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- It will take some moments to overcome the rooting process.
- In the end, you will follow the command ‘fastboot reboot’ to reboot your Poco M2 Pro phone.
- That’s it. Now, you have rooted your Poco M2 Pro smartphone successfully.
You can also check if your device is rooted successfully or not. For it, you will open the Magisk Manager app on your handset. If the screen shows you all the options with green ticks, you have done it successfully.
The Final Words
So, this is the attempt to soothe your query on how to root the Poco M2 Pro Android smartphone. Hopefully, you enjoy it and end up with a collection of superpowers to your device. Rooting is all about unlocking the hidden potential of any Android device. However, you also need to be vigilant enough while performing such severe actions on your phone.