Realme 2 Pro smartphone is blessed with tons of modern features to make one’s technical stuff benign. This is a dedicated guide on how to root the Realme 2 Pro Android device and install TWRP recovery on it to yield the maximum potential. You can simply follow the steps one-by-one to unlock the hidden capabilities of your device. However, it is also riskier at the same time, voids your phone’s warranty and can even brick it if you show negligence.
Every new smartphone device comes with the inbuilt Stock Firmware that manages the whole process of the system. Users have no authority to access the inherent apps as OEM developers lock most of the crucial prospects of the phone. Hence, we have only a few stuff to enjoy on our device even at the peak point.
Thanks to Android’s open-source behaviour, which allows tech developers to form some software tools to unlock the internally-blocked apps of any Android-based device. Installing TWRP recovery and rooting the device are some of the common and effective practices to blow up the phone’s performance to the next level.
Once you root your phone, you are likely to install any custom ROM, MODs. Kernels, back up and restore your device freely. Additionally, it enhances your device’s overall speed, alleviates bugs and improves battery life significantly. Today, we have the Realme 2 Pro on the radar to elaborate on some easy-to-follow steps to root it and install TWRP recovery. Before bursting out the discussion, let’s have a quick view of the handset’s key specifications.
Realme 2 Pro Smartphone – Key Features Highlights
Realme 2 Pro was launched back in September 2018 with a collection of performance-oriented features. It hires the 6.3” IPS display with 2340x1080p resolution, 409 PPI density and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top.
Furthermore, the device runs the Android 8.1 Oreo OS with Realme UI 1.0 skin layer. Under the hood, the handset captures the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core SoC based on 14nm process technology. The GPU area hosts the Adreno 512 chip.
When it comes to storing data, Realme 2 Pro comes with the 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB, and 8GB/128GB storage options. Realme also arranges for the memory extension provision. The primary camera setup includes the 16MP + 2MP shooters besides a 16MP single selfie camera. The 3500 mAh battery supplies energy to run the system.
Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 2 Pro
- Make sure to create a separate backup of your crucial data.
- Make sure your Realme 2 Pro’s battery is charged up to 80% to avoid power interruptions.
- Your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- You need a personal computer or laptop with a USB cable.
- Download Fastboot, ADB (also extracts them), and USB Drivers on your laptop/PC.
- Download TWRP recovery (rename it to recovery.img) and Magisk file.
- First of all, you need to move the recovery.img file to the extracted Fastboot and ADB Driver’s folder.
- Further, you will boot your Realme 2 Pro phone into the Fastboot Mode by pressing the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Take the USB cable and connect your Realme handset with your computer.
- Now, move to your PC and open the ADB and Fastboot Driver folder.
- In the folder, you will open the Windows Command Prompt by following the combination of Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now, type the command ‘fastboot devices’ to check whether your phone is connected properly or not.
- Next, you will type ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’ the command to flash TWRP recovery on your device. Wait until the flashing process is completed.
- Now is the time to reboot your Realme 2 Pro.
- Congratulations! You have installed TWRP recovery on your Realme 2 Pro successfully.
Steps to Root Realme 2 Pro
- Move the Magisk file, which we had downloaded earlier, to your phone’s internal storage drive.
- Now, you will reboot your Realme 2 Pro into the Recovery Mode by pressing the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- Once you reached the TWRP interface, find and hit the ‘Install’ button.
- But navigate for the Magisk file in your phone’s internal drive.
- Now, swipe to the right to flash it. It will start the rooting process.
- Once finished, restart your Realme 2 Pro.
- That’s it. Now, you have rooted your Realme 2 Pro smartphone successfully.
- To confirm, you can also download and install the Root Checker app.
Hopefully, you have followed the easy-to-understand guide carefully to root Realme 2 Pro and install TWRP recovery. After finishing, you are all set to customize your phone’s software interface thoroughly to boost up performance and productivity.