Rooting brings noteworthy deviation in the overall behavior and performance of an Android device. In order to yield the maximum juice of the handset, rooting appears as a productive effort with some vigilant approach. The in-hand guide is dedicatedly prone to suggest you how to root Realme 5 and install TWRP recovery on it. So, being a Realme 5 owner, you can get along with the piece without any hesitation.
When it comes to rooting a device, it simply enables you to access the administrative part of your device. Ultimately, you become, however unofficial, eligible to tweak, edit, delete, and customize your system files and apps freely.
Rooting registers numerous benefits. Besides enhancing system performance, speed, and battery life, it authorizes you to uninstall bloatware apps, install Xposed modules, and lots more. Meanwhile, there is the second face of the coin as well. The two chief drawbacks you will encounter are that rooting will eradicate your phone’s warranty and you will no longer be eligible to receive OTA updates anymore. Similarly, your Android device may also get bricked if you show a little lethargy during the rooting process.
Realme 5 – A Quick Features Glance
Launched in August 2019, the Realme 5 RMX1911 quad-camera smartphone comes with the Android 9.0 Pie and Realme UI skin interface. It hosts a 6.5” IPS FHD+ panel with 1600x720p resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection on top.
The brain of the system is recognized as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, which is an octa-core 11nm processor with Adreno 610 GPU unit. Multiple storage choices include 3GB/32GB, 3GB/64GB, 4GB/64GB, and 4GB/128GB along with a microSD card slot.
In terms of photography skills, Realme 5 accumulates a 4-camera concept on the back, comprising 12MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP sensors. The face side equips a single 13MP selfie lens. The powerhouse keeps a massive 5000 mAh battery with 10W charging support. In others, the handset compiles Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, WIFI, OTG, FM Radio, and dual (blue & purple) color options.
Install/Flash TWRP Recovery on Realme 5 RMX1911
If you are really crazy to unleash the full potential of your Realme 5, rooting and installing TWRP recovery are two significant ways to proceed with. So, without any further ado, let’s quickly learn the TWRP recovery flash process.
- First of all, double-check to make sure that you have a Realme 5 device with model number RMX1911. Each phone supports a different technique, so, this guide is only for the said handset.
- Further, you need to create a backup of your essential data before diving into the practice.
- Make sure your Android smartphone is charged up to 80% to avoid interruptions.
- Similarly, you also need to enable USB Debugging and Unlock Bootloader of your handset.
- Arrange for a PC/laptop and a USB cable.
- Download Realme USB, ADB, and Fastboot Drivers and Twrp.img file on your computer system.
Steps to flash TWRP Recovery on Realme 5
- Go to the ADB and Fastboot Driver’s folder. Now, open the command prompt on your PC by pressing and holding the Shift key followed by the Right Click of mouse.
- Now, turn off your Realme 5 phone and then restart in into Fastboot Mode by pressing the Power button + Volume Up button together.
- This is the time to connect the device with the PC via the USB cable.
- Type the ‘adb reboot bootloader’ command to connect your phone as a fastboot device.
- Now, follow the ‘fastboot devices’ command to check whether a fastboot device is connected accurately or not.
- Now, you will type ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’ to flash TWRP recovery on your Realme 5 RMX1911.
- Finally, you can type the command ‘fastboot reboot’ to reboot your handset.
- That’s it. Now, you have installed TWRP recovery on Realme 5 successfully.
Steps to Root Realme 5 RMX1911
- First, download the Magisk Manager file on your phone and move it to your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, reboot your Realme 5 into TWRP recovery mode.
- Now, click on the ‘Install’ button and look for the Magisk.zip file on your device.
- You will face a swipe button at the bottom. Simply swipe to confirm the flashing process. It will take only a few seconds to finish the rooting process.
- That’s it. Your Realme 5 RMX1911 smartphone has been rooted successfully. Here, you also have a technique to check whether your device is rooted accurately or not. For it, you can download the Root Checker App.