In 2020, Realme Narzo 20 series is one of the Best Budget smartphones series. Series comprises three models, i.e., Narzo 20, Realme Narzo 20 Pro, and Narzo 20A. Now almost after a year, the company releases the unlock app. So basically, now you can root or install the custom ROMs in your smartphone. In this article, we will guide you to root Realme Narzo 20 Pro. Also, if you have Realme Narzo 20, this guide will help you to root your smartphone too.
Must See: Realme X7 Pro Extreme Edition officially launched with Dimensity 1000+, 90Hz display, 64MP triple cameras, and 4,500mAh battery
Realme does not allow its users to root the smartphones without deep testing. But after the long wait now Realme Narzo 20 Pro users can easily root their smartphones. Realme Narzo 20 Pro arrives with the 6.5-inch FHD+ display. The processor Mediatek Helio G95, packs 6GB and 8GB of RAM. On the back, we get the Quad camera setup and a single selfie camera on the front. In real life, the smartphone gives you a lot more features than a budget phone.
How to Root Realme Narzo 20 Pro:
Realme smartphones are one of the difficult smartphones to root. But thanks to developers who let this happen. Rooting in Realme smartphones will give you almost a new device with upgraded features with some custom fonts, third party themes, and more. Before we start rooting the smartphone, we will require to unlock the bootloader of Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
By default, the Android or Realme smartphones comes with a locked bootloader. This means you cannot make any changes to the root or cannot root the smartphone. Now after a year, the unlock apk is available for Realme Narzo 20 Pro. So, now let’s unlock the bootloader first.
- The first step is to take the full backup of your smartphone. As after unlocking all the data will be wiped out.
- In settings, Go to About Phone where you will get BUILD NUMBER. Tap 7-8 times which will enable the Developer option.
- Now enable OEM Unlocking in the Developer option.
- Download the testing app of Realme Narzo 20 and Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
- Install the app on your smartphone and ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- By opening the deep testing app on a smartphone click on Start Applying.
- While the next screen opens, click on Submit Application.
- Now after 15 seconds, open the unlock App, and on the right top corner, tap on Query Verification Status.
- Now tap on “Start the in-depth test,” and your smartphone will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your smartphone to your PC and open the Command window and enter the below command one by one.
ADB reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
8. On your Realme, Narzo 20 Pro, select yes or unlock the bootloader. This will wipe all your phone data and start unlocking.
Once the unlocking is finished, you are all set to root your smartphone.
- Take a full backup of your smartphone.
- Your Realme Narzo 20 Pro must be 50% charged.
- Download Firmware of your smartphone.
- Make sure the Bootloader is unlocked.
- Download Magisk apk on Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
Root Realme Narzo 20 Pro:
- By using the 7Zip or WinRar, you can extract the boot.img file from your smartphone.
- Now install the Magisk app on the smartphone.
- Click on install by opening the Magisk App.
- Now, from the options choose, “select and Patch a file”.
- Now find a file names boot.img and select, this will patch the boot image.
- The file will be downloaded with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Now send the file to your PC in folder C:\adb. And, rename the file to boot.img.
- Setting the smartphone in the Fastboot mode, connect it to your PC.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- With the command, “fastboot devices” you can check if the device is connected.
- By entering the command below, you can root your device.
“fastboot flash boot boot.img"
- Now you can reboot your device to the system.
So, now you have the complete guide to rooting your Realme Narzo 20 Pro. If there are any queries, let us know in the comment section.