Samsung has many popular smartphone series in the market. One can come across Samsung A Series, J Series and S Series smartphones under different price brackets. Today, we would like to mull over the device from the Samsung A series, which is denoted as a semi flagship device. The in-hand guide will let you know how to root Samsung Galaxy A70 using Magisk and then install TWRP Recovery on it. So, serious readers can stick to the post until the end.
Rooting a smartphone has become a trend now. Stock firmware keeps users away from accessing the hidden functions of the device. Here the importance of rooting comes to the picture. It allows users to flash Custom ROMs, MODs, and customizations to decorate the performance and interface to the next level.
Meanwhile, you must have strict reason to root your Samsung Galaxy A70 handset. Back in 2019, the device was launched with the Android 9.0 Pie OS, which was said to be upgradable to the Android 10. If that doesn’t happen soon, you can proceed with the rooting process. Otherwise, you are advised to drop the idea of rooting your device, if you haven’t any experience with it.
Samsung Galaxy A70 – Stresses at a Glance
Released in 2019, the Samsung Galaxy A70 4G handset comes with a 6.7” Super AMOLED display with 393 PPI, 2400x1080p, and CGG 3 protection. The Android 9.0 Pie-based phone houses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SoC as well as Adreno 612 GPU unit.
Furthermore, the device offers dual storage options – 6GB/128GB and 8GB/128GB, along with the memory expansion provision. The triple-cam (32MP + 8MP + 5MP) system is there to manage the photography area besides 32MP selfie shooter.
The power management utilizes the 4500 mAh Li-Po battery with 25W Fast Charging technology. Additionally, the handset equips dual-SIM support, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, FM Radio, NFC, 3.5mm jack, in-display fingerprint scanner, Type-C port, OTG, and multiple colour options.
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A70 (SM-A705FD)
This section will elaborate on the step-by-step process of installing TWRP recovery on the Samsung device. After that, we will proceed to learn how to root the Galaxy A70 (SM-A705FD) using Magisk.
TWRP recovery is a must-have tool if you wish to grab the most of your Android device. It is a custom recovery project allows you to flash custom ROMs, MODs, root the device and add lots more customizations. So, let’s learn the process.
- Download TWRP Recovery.
- And Download ODIN software on your PC.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your Galaxy A70 phone.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least 70%.
- Similarly, you are strongly requested to create a backup of your phone’s personal stuff.
- You also need a computer/laptop and a USB cable.
- Simply run the Odin tool on your computer.
- Further, reboot your handset into download mode.
- Now, it is the time to connect your phone with your PC via USB cable.
- After the connection, you will see a blue-coloured sign in the ID.com section of the Odin tool.
- Now, add the TWRP recovery file you have already downloaded.
- Now, you need to click the AP/PDA button to load the file.
- Further, uncheck the ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘Re-Partition’ options.
- Now, hit the ‘Start’ button and wait until the message ‘PASS’ appears.
- Next, reboot the Galaxy A70 into recovery mode by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Up buttons together.
- Congratulations! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A70 successfully.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A70 Using Magisk
- First of all, download the Magisk.zip file.
- Now, restart your smartphone into the TWRP Recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons concurrently.
- In the TWRP Recovery interface, hit the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate for the Magisk.zip file downloaded earlier.
- Now, swipe in the right direction to start the flashing process.
- Wait for a few minutes until a successful message appears on the screen.
- Finally, you can restart your phone by hitting the ‘Reboot System’ button.
- That’s it in the root process. You can also use the Root Checker app to confirm whether your device is rooted or not.
So, this is the full step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A70 and root using Magisk application. After completing both practices successfully, you will be able to load custom ROMs, MODs, and other customizations of your taste on your device.