The South-Korean smart technologies developer Samsung launched the T-Mobile Galaxy S5 back in 2014 with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. Then, it was declared to move to the Marshmallow 6.0 OS soon. Now, Samsung has kept its promise and the said firmware OS is available for the device. It comes in the shape of Odin flashable firmware (build number G900TUVU1GPE1 to conclude the latest Android edition.
The in-hand piece will stress how to root T-Mobile Galaxy S5 phone (United States). Undoubtedly, it is a risk-involving effort as it will void your phone’s warranty or sometimes brick your handset. But you also need to perceive the positive prospect of the picture. After rooting, you are going to get exceptional system performance, enhanced interface, improved battery life and lots of other perks in the pack. Hence, it is absolutely worthwhile to take this risk.
Let’s have a quick glance over the phone’s primary qualities.
Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T) – Key Highlights Overview
Launched in 2014, the Samsung Galaxy S5 for T-Mobile (US) hosts a 5.1” Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen with 1920 x 1080p resolution and 432 PPI density. On the top, it also wears the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protection.
The handset runs the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS along with TouchWiz UI skin. Similarly, there is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core SoC based on 28nm processing technology. The GPU area bears the Adreno 330 chip.
In terms of storage specs, the Galaxy S5 provides dual 2GB/16GB & 2GB/32GB storage options. The microSD card can also be used to enhance the space. The photography department supports the 16MP single back camera with an LED flash. The display side also keeps a single 2MP lens for selfies.
In others, the Samsung Galaxy S5 (T-Mobile) hosts a 2800 mAh Li-Ion battery with wireless charging, a 3.5mm jack, Bluetooth 4.0, aptX, NFC, infrared, GPS, GLONASS, OTG, fingerprint scanner, ANT+ and other crucial modules on the list.
Root the T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Android Smartphone
Now is the time to go through a step-by-step guide on how to root T-Mobile Galaxy S5 phone. Before we start, make sure to acknowledge some pre-requirements as listed below.
- First of all, take a backup of your important data on your phone memory. Otherwise, it will have perished permanently.
- Make sure your Galaxy S5 is charged up to 80%.
- You need a computer/laptop and a USB cable.
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package with Odin and extract it.
- At first, you need to enable your phone’s USB Debugging mode by visiting the ‘Settings’ section.
- After that, you have to boot your device into Download Mode. For this purpose, you will switch off your handset and then press Home + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously until you witness the warning screen.
- Now, press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Further, launch the Odin software and attach your phone with your computer via the USB cable. Odin will show you the ‘Added’ message once you are connected.
- Now, you will go with the PDA button and follows the already extracted ‘.tar.md5’ file. Also, make sure to check ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ options in the Odin window.
- Now, hit the ‘Start’ button and let the process complete the proceedings.
- After it finished, Odin will show the ‘Pass’ message to confirm the successful completion of the root process.
That’s it in the process of rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 (T-Mobile). Hopefully, you have done a great job following the steps carefully. Now, you are all set to enjoy the fully-customized user interface and improved performance on your Samsung device.