The Xiaomi Redmi 6 smartphone is a vital link to Xiaomi’s famous Redmi series. It was launched two years back in 2018 with a multitude of productive features on the card. If you own a similar device and look to grab the most of it, here is the guide for you. You will learn a step-by-step procedure to root Xiaomi Redmi 6 and install TWRP recovery on it. Pledge to be with the post until the end to catch the worth of it.
See More: Best Custom ROMs for Redmi 6 that you opt this year!
Google’s Android platform has, undoubtedly, revolutionized the smartphone industry since its inception. People love to use Android because of its flexible, open-source & customizable nature and straightforward user interface.
Rooting a device is a common term in the Android community now. Almost all of the OEM developers launch smartphones with some locked Android features to prohibit users from accessing them. But rooting makes it possible to unlock these encrypted services to boost the overall performance and productivity of the handset. That’s why here we have a detailed guide on how to install TWRP recovery on Redmi 6 and root it.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 – Specifications Quick Review
Launched in June 2018, Xiaomi’s Remi 6 Android 8.1 Oreo-based device boasts a 5.45” IPS LCD display with 1440x720p resolution and 295 PPI density. The software platform is further nurtured with the MIUI 11 skin.
Furthermore, the handset incorporates the MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core 12nm processor alongside the PowerVR GE8320 GPU chip. The storage options are 3GB/32GB, 3GB/64GB, and 4GB/64GB with the microSD card support.
On the rear, the Redmi 6 keeps the dual-cam (12MP + 5MP) module and a 5MP selfie snapper on the front. In others, you will get 3000 mAh battery, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Bluetooth, WIFI, 3.5mm jack, OTG, FM Radio, GPS, and lots more inbuilt features.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 6
Installing TWRP recovery on your Redmi 6 opens the door to install custom ROMs, do Nandroid backup and restore, Kernels, and root etc. So, let’s consider the procedure in detail.
- It is wise to reserve a backup of your important data on your phone. Otherwise, it will vanish permanently.
- Make sure your Redmi 6 is charged a minimum of up to 80%.
- Next, unlock your phone’s bootloader.
- You also need a computer/laptop with ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers installed on it.
- Download the latest edition of the TWRP Recovery for your Redmi 6 handset and rename it to recovery.img.
- Now, move this file to the ADB Driver folder.
- First of all, switch off your device and boot it in the Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Further, open the extracted ADB and Fastboot Driver’s folder.
- Now, open the Command Prompt Window by pressing Shift Key plus Right Mouse Click.
- Now is the time to attach your Redmi 6 with PC via the USB cable.
- Next, type “fastboot device’ in the command prompt to check whether your device is connected properly or not.
- Now, type the command ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’ in the command window to flash the TWRP recovery file on your device.
- Reboot your Redmi 6.
- Congratulations! You have installed TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 6 successfully.
Steps to Root Redmi 6
- Before you move ahead, make sure to create a backup of your data and download Magisk file to root your device.
- Now, get your phone in the recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- In the TWRP interface, hit the Install button.
- Now, navigate for the Magisk file.
- After the file is located, swipe to the right to install it. The rooting process will be initiated and it will take some minutes to finish.
- Once finished, restart your Redmi 6.
- That’s it. You have rooted your Redmi 6 successfully. You can also confirm whether it is rooted properly or not by using the Root Checker app.
So, this is the step-by-step guide on how to root Redmi 6 and install TWRP recovery using a simple method. Hopefully, you have followed each step carefully to give a new life to your handset.