Rooting an Android smartphone simply begets lots of excitements and performance enhancements. It enables users to access a multitude of unlocked features that comes with the stock firmware. This guide will put some serious attention on how to root Redmi Note 9 Pro to unravel the restricted capabilities of the handset. If you wish to transform your overall smartphone experience, make sure to get along with the article.
Xiaomi is the apex Chinese brand, dominating the smartphone market since its inception. It encompasses a rich variety of mobile devices under affordable price categories to approach each customer segment. Further, it is incredibly popular in countries like India, where price factor matters a lot for buyers. That’s the core reason behind the grand success of Xiaomi’s Redmi series smartphones.
When it comes to highlighting the smartphone in question, the Redmi Note 9 Pro is the successor of the Redmi Note 8 Pro. It comes with more capable hardware along with stunning chassis design and specifications. Before we move ahead, let’s have a quick look at the device we are going to root.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro – Highlighting Features
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro is the home to numerous advanced specifications for modern age users. Launched in April this year, the handset equips a 6.67” Full HD+ IPS display unit. It covers 395 PPI pixels density, 2400x1080p screen resolution and the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
Furthermore, the handset features Qualcomm’s powerful Snapdragon 720G 8nm octa-core gaming-centric processor. It also acknowledges the Adreno 618 chip in the GPU unit.
Running on the Android 10 (MIUI 11) OS, the Redmi Note 9 Pro offers dual storage options – 6GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB. Provision for memory expansion is also provided. The photography department indeed attracts buyers with the 64MP main camera alongside three (8MP+5MP+2MP) other shooters on the back. The display side hosts a single 16MP lens in the punch-hole design.
In other configurations, the Redmi Note 9 Pro incorporates a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Bluetooth, WIFI, 3.5mm jack, GPS, NFC, infrared port, FM Radio, OTG, and 5020 mAh Li-Po battery with 30W Fast Charging.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro
Now, we will go through the detailed and step-by-step guide to root Redmi Note 9 Pro smartphone. But before we kick start the process, we have to install the TWRP recovery to facilitate the whole procedure.
The following are some crucial steps to install TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Make sure your phone’s bootloader is unlocked and USB debugging is enabled.
- Your device must be charged at least 60%.
- Now, download the latest platform tool zip file on your computer and expand it. Also, download the recovery file.
- Further, switch off your Redmi Note 9 and reboot it in the Fastboot Mode by pressing the Power Button + Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Now, open the platform tool folder and type ‘cmd’ in the search box to open the command prompt window.
- Furthermore, connect your phone with a PC/laptop via the data cable.
- Now, type the ‘fastboot flash recovery’ command and then drag and drop the TWRP recovery file.
- It will start flashing. Wait for some seconds until it is finished.
Steps to Root Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Download the Magisk file.
- Reboot your Redmi Note 9 Pro in the recovery mode (by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously) after switching it off.
- In the TWRP recovery interface, hit the ‘Advanced’ button and then ‘Install.’
- Now, navigate for the Magisk file to flash it.
- It will ask you to swipe to the right to flash the Magisk file. Simply follow the instruction.
- Wait for a few moments and reboot your phone after the flash process is completed.
- Now, you have rooted your Redmi Note 9 Pro smartphone successfully.