When Samsung launched Galaxy A71, Snapdragon chip fans were excited to get a Samsung device with Qualcomm chip. Though a little overpriced, the Galaxy A71 is a beast with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 chipset in the upper mid-range segment.
Samsung regularly releases the source code and do Qualcomm. Moreover, bootloader unlocking on Samsung devices is pretty as and the same as the Galaxy A71. In effect, rooting Galaxy A71 is possible. Rooting Galaxy A71 is elucidated in this post. So check this out.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A71 Bootloader
Warning: Bootloader unlock erases the data, do take a backup before proceeding.
If you made up your mind to unlock the bootloader, on your device;
- Go to the Settings app and then to About phone.
- Find your Build number.
- Tap on the Build number option 6-10 times repeatedly until you see “You’re now a developer” toast.
- Now, go to Developer options
- Enable OEM unlocking.
- Connect the device to your PC via USB cable
- Power off your device.
- Turn on your device by pressing and holding the Volume UP and DOWN simultaneously!
- The device will boot in DOWNLOAD MODE.
- Long press Volume UP key to unlocking the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot your device!
Your device should be now bootloader unlocked. Now you can proceed with the rooting steps.
Root Samsung Galaxy A71
Warning: Rooting trips KNOX, which in effect voids the device warranty. You can no longer use Samsung Pay, Secure Folder or other Knox-enabled apps once your root. Proceed further if and only if you know the complications of rooting.
- Odin 3.14.4: Download
- Samsung USB Drivers: Download
- Latest Magisk Manager: Download
- SamFirm: Download
- Backup: Guide
Once you’ve set-up the above tools, it’s time to begin rooting.
- Download the latest stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy A71 model. We recommend using SamFirm or Frija for the same.
- Extract the SM-A715XX_1_EXAMPLE_0000000000_fac.zip file with WinRAR, 7zip or any other unzipper.
- Copy the file which will look something like — AP_A715XXXXU1XXXX_CL00000000_QB00000000_REV00_use r_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS10.tar.md5 and transfer it to your internal storage.
- Install the latest Magisk Manager APK.
- Open Magisk Manager.
- Tap on Install > Install > Select and Patch a file.
- Navigate through the storage manager and select the extracted AP file.
- The firmware will be patched by Magisk and will be found in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Transfer the patched file to your PC.
- Power off your device and boot into DOWNLOAD MODE.
- From Odin, click on the AP button and select the patched .tar file.
- Uncheck “Auto Reboot” and click on Start.
The tool will flash Magisk on your Samsung Galaxy A71. Once the flashing completes, there is something you’ve to take note of.
To boot in recovery or boot the system with Magisk installed, the following key combinations should be used.
- Powering up normally → System without Magisk.
- Power + Volume Up → Bootloader warning → Release all buttons → System with Magisk.
- Power + Volume Up → Bootloader warning → Keep holding volume up → Actual recovery.
You’ve to go through the above key combo fiasco cause the devices likes of Galaxy A71 no longer use ramdisk in boot images. So, Magisk has no choice but to be installed in the recovery partition. On these devices, it’s required to boot to recovery every time for the Magisk to be loaded in the system.
Hope you’ve been able to successfully root your Samsung Galaxy A71. For more guides and tutorials, have a look at our dedicated section over here.