POCO X3 NFC comes as a slightly improved edition of the regular POCO X3. Powered by the 8nm based Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G, the device is almost the same as the POCO X3, except the fact it had got NFC capability. Nevertheless, let’s see the method to root the POCO X3 NFC.
Must See: Poco C3 officially launched in India with MediaTek G35, Triple set of cameras and 5000mah battery at just Rs 7499
Poco X3 NFC Specs
- TWRP 3.4.0 for POC X3 NFC: Download
- ADB and Fastboot Installer: Download
- Mi Unlock Tool: Download
- Magisk: Download
Unlock Bootloader of POCO X3 NFC
Disclaimer: Bootloader unlock may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding.
Once all the necessary files are downloaded and set-up. Proceed with the given steps. Note that, unlocking the bootloader is the same as other Xiaomi devices.
- If not yet, create a Xiaomi Mi account and log-in to your device with the same credentials.
- Then visit Xiaomi’s bootloader unlock page.
- Click the Unlock Now button and then log into your Mi account.
- Wait for the bootloader to unlock the approval SMS message.
You need to have a Mi account created, confirmed, and attached to a phone number so Xiaomi can verify you are the owner of this device.
Open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to Mi Account, and log-in if not already done.
- Enable the Sync option and Find Device (You might need to enter the password if prompted)
- Enable Developer Options, then OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging on the POCO X3 NFC.
- Download and Extract the Mi Unlock Tool to your PC
- Run the Mi Unlock program
It should be a file named “miflash_unlock.exe”.
- Sign in to your Mi Account on the Mi Flash Unlock Tool. Make sure to login with the same Mi ID you’ve used while requesting the unlock.
- Boot the POCO X3 NFC into Fastboot Mode: Once the device has been shut off, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together at the same time. Continue holding these two buttons down until you get to the POCO X3 NFC Fastboot Mode splash screen.
- Connect your device to the PC via micro USB cable.
- Click the Unlock button at the bottom of the Mi Unlock program
- Wait through the two warning pop-up messages and click the Unlock Anyway button
You should see the Unlock Anyway button appear after the countdown finishes.
- Wait for the Mi Unlock program to go through the Verify Device phase
- If everything goes smoothly you should see this image on the Mi Unlock program
Once the unlock is successful, the device would reboot automatically and during the phase, it’ll wipe the system/internal storage. So, as said earlier, don’t forget to backup important data.
Sometimes, Xioami would insist to wait for a period of time until you can unlock the device upon clicking the Unlock Anyway button mentioned in step 16. If that’s so, you’ve to wait the amount of time you were told and once done, repeat the steps once again.
Once you unlocked the bootloader, it’s time to flash TWRP. Read on…
Flash TWRP on POCO X3 NFC
Fortunately, despite being a new device the POCO X3 NFC has already got an unofficial TWRP. We’ll be making use of it to root the device.
- Download the TWRP to your PC and rename it to twrp.img.
- Now boot your device into fastboot and connect it to PC via USB Cable.
- Open a command prompt window and input the following command to flash the recovery:-
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
- On installation of TWRP, to boot the recovery do:-
fastboot boot twrp.img"
- The device will automatically reboot into TWRP, and you will have TWRP as your permanent recovery!
- Now on TWRP, allow modification so that you can flash custom binaries such as Magisk for rooting.
Once all the steps are successfully completed, the time has arrived to root the device.
Root POCO X3 NFC
Make sure you’ve transferred the Magisk.zip to your device, preferably on an external SD Card. Now, provided you’re on the TWRP main screen.
- Tap on Install
- This will open the file picker, and choose the Magisk.zip file
- Swipe the slider to confirm the flashing
- Wait for the flash to finish
Once you successfully boot the device, check for the Magisk Manager icon on the app drawer. If not visible, manually install the Magisk Manager. Your device should be rooted now. Enjoy customizing and tinkering with your POCO X3 NFC.