Samsung Galaxy A40 is an entry-level Android phone launched in 2019. The phone comes with Android 9.0 Pie on board. The phone is just one year old and Samsung provides updates to its devices for two years. So Galaxy A40 will get the latest updates from Samsung. Still, if you don’t like the user-interface of the phone. Then you’re on the right page, here we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy A40. After that in this article, we will guide you on how to root Galaxy A40.
Must See: How to unlock bootloader and install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Samsung Galaxy A40 packs quite good specs, which include the octa-core Samsung Exynos 7885 processor clocked at 1.8GHz and Mali-G71 MP2 GPU. It pairs 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage that can to expandable via a microSD card slot. The phone features a 5.90-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Galaxy A40 packs a dual-camera setup at the back that includes a 16MP primary camera and a 5MP ultrawide angle camera with LED flash. For selfies and video chats, there is a 25MP camera on the front side of the phone.
What is Bootloader? Why do we need to unlock the Bootloader?
The bootloader is a code that runs before the operating system starts. The bootloader of a device includes the set of instructions to run the operating system and initializes the hardware to start the boot process of an operating system. In Android phones, all the manufacturers lock the bootloader of their smartphones. That why we have to unlock the bootloader to root any of the Android devices.
After rooting you can install any compatible custom ROM on your Android device. Moreover, you will get more control over your Android Phone/Tablet.
- Take full back up of your data from the Galaxy A40 as unlocking the bootloader will remove all your data from the device.
- Do charge your smartphone up to 60% al least.
- A USB Type-C cable with a PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Galaxy A40
- Open Galaxy A40 and go to the settings of the phone then tap on About Phone > Software information.
- After getting into the Software information section now tap on the “Build Number” 7-8 times to enable developer options.
- Go back to the settings and then find and select Additional Settings and then Developer Options. In the Developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- Turn Off your Galaxy A40 from the power button.
- Now press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and connect your phone with your PC via USB Type-c cable.
- It will show a Warning screen on your phone, and now you can release both buttons. Now press the Volume Up button once, and Galaxy A40 will boot into Download mode.
- That’s it the bootloader of Galaxy A40 is unlocked now. To check reboot your phone and make sure that OEM unlocking is greyed out in Developer options. If not, then wait for a few days and repeat the steps.
Related: How to unlock bootloader and install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
After successfully unlocking the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A40. Now if you want to root your phone just follow the instruction below carefully.
- Download Magisk Manager
- Download latest version Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked on your phone
- Download the Latest TWRP recovery image for Galaxy A40.
Root Samsung Galaxy A40
- Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously until the device boots in download mode.
- Connect Galaxy A40 to your computer using a USB Type-C cable. Now open the Odin flash tool, it will automatically detect your device and you will see an added message in the Log section.
- Click on the “AP” button and select the Twrp.tar file and click on the start button.
- After that flashing process starts and once it completed the “PASS” message will be displayed in the Odin tool.
- Your Phone will get rebooted and that’s it the TWRP recovery has been installed successfully on your phone.
- To root Samsung Galaxy A40 again press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Home buttons to boot into the TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on the install button and then select the Magisk Zip file and swipe to flash the Magisk.
- After the Flashing process is completed, reboot your smartphone.
- That’s it your Samsung Galaxy A40 is root now. You can check it by opening Magisk Manager, It should show both Magisk and Magisk Manager in green on the App home screen.
Related: How to Root Realme 5 and Install TWRP Recovery?
We Hope you successfully unlock the bootloader and root Samsung Galaxy A40. If you get any problem following the steps listed above kindly use the comment box below.