Rooting an Android smartphone is trending among advanced users. They look to tweak customizations, flash recovery files, and other alterations to their device to make it a superpower. Today, this guide will let you explore how to root Vivo Z1 Pro by unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP recovery on it. So, stay stuck with the piece.
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo is proactively introducing innovative inventions every now and then. Further, the brand reserves a splendid product portfolio, comprising smartphone devices under all price brackets. Meanwhile, the company launched the Vivo Z1 Pro back in July 2019.
The Android 9.0 Pie-based handset equips a spate of the latest features. Below is the quick overview of the device before we proceed to the rooting process.
Vivo Z1 Pro: A Quick Overview
The Vivo Z1 Pro 4G smartphone boasts a 6.53” IPS Capacitive Full HD+ touchscreen with 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It provides 2340x1080p resolution, 395 PPI pixels density and punch-hole design.
Furthermore, the handset runs the Android 9.0 Pie OS with the Funtouch 10 custom skin. In terms of SoC, the device configures the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 octa-core chipset alongside Adreno 616 GPU.
As far as the storage is related, the Vivo Z1 Pro comes in three variants – 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB, and 6GB/128GB. For photography, the handset embeds a 3-camera (16MP+8MP+2MP) module and a single 32MP selfie shooter on the back.
Moreover, the powerhouse contains the 5000 mAh Li-Po battery with 18W Fast Charging. The dual-SIM device also captures a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack, FM Radio, OTG, WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, GLONASS, and more. Three color choices are – Sonic Blue, Sonic Black & Mirror Black.
What is Bootloader & what is unlocking a Bootloader?
Well, without any baffle, a bootloader is a type of software that runs every time we Switch ON our Android phone. It is a blend of instructions that tell the handset which programs to load.
Generally, OEMs ship their smartphones with a locked bootloader. The reason is that manufacturers want users to run only the OS available on the device, and this is for security reasons. But here is a hole as well.
OEMs still give offer an opportunity to tech geeks who wish to tweak their phones’ system settings. Using certain legitimate techniques, users can unlock the bootloader of the device to root it further and flash their favorite recovery image.
So, without making any further ado, let’s know how the bootloader can be unlocked.
- Make sure your Vivo Z1 Pro’s battery is charged at least 70%.
- You should secure a full backup of your important data on the device.
- You also need a PC-laptop & a USB data cable.
- Further, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers + Vivo Z1 Pro Drivers on your computer.
Unlock Bootloader of Vivo Z1 Pro Smartphone
- First, go to your Vivo Z1 Pro’s ‘Settings’ and click the ‘About Phone’ option. Now, hit the ‘Build Number’ 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Now, you will go back to ‘Settings’ and then Developer Options to enable OEM Unlocking.
- This is the time to Power OFF your device.
- Now, go to C:\adb on your PC. Here, you will press Shift + Right Mouse Click in the empty area to open the Command Window.
- Further, press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously to boot your handset in the Fastboot mode.
- Now, connect your Vivo Z1 Pro with a computer via USB cable.
- It is the time to proceed to the command window and type the command ‘fastboot bbk unlock_vivo’.
- It will reset your phone and unlock the bootloader.
As you have unlocked your Vivo Z1 Pro’s bootloader successfully, you can now install/flash TWRP recovery to root your device.
Flash TWRP Recovery on Vivo Z1 Pro
Before you move ahead to install TWRP recovery, make sure to arrange for the following requirements –
- As you already have unlocked bootloader and enabled developer options, proceed with the following steps.
- Open the command prompt in the adb folder and type the command ‘adb reboot bootloader’.
- Now, copy the twrp.img file to the Fastboot & ADB Drivers folder and type the following command – ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’.
- Again, type and run another command – ‘fastboot reboot’. It will start rebooting your device into the TWRP mode.
- Now, you have proudly flashed TWRP recovery on your Vivo Z1 Pro smartphone.
Root Vivo Z1 Pro using Magisk
Here’s the rooting process for Vivo Z1 Pro using SuperSU or Magisk Manager files. But you can use only one to execute the procedure.
- First of all, you need to transfer the SuperSU or Magisk Manager (whichever you choose) file to your handset’s internal storage slot.
- Further, you will boot your Vivo Z1 Pro phone into the TWRP recovery mode. Once you reached the TWRP interface, several options you will get there. Here, it is recommended to back up the Stock ROM. In case the rooting process gets failed, you can reflash the Stock ROM.
- Otherwise, click the ‘Install’ button and then explore the SuperSU or Magisk file in your phones’ internal storage.
- After locating it, swipe right to confirm flash. It will initiate the rooting process that will take only a few seconds to complete.
- Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Vivo Z1 Pro 4G smartphone. Now, you have the authority to tweak system settings as per your own preferences and tastes. If you desire to verify if the rooting has been done successfully or not, you can take the help of the Root Checker App to check the Root Status.
So, this is all about how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and root the Vivo Z1 Pro Android smartphone. Hopefully, you have followed the steps carefully to get your job done flawlessly.