OnePlus 3 and 3T, unlike its successors the OnePlus 5/5T won’t receive the latest Android 10 updates. Nonetheless, thanks to the custom ROM developers there do exist a couple of Android 10 ROMs for the devices which are stable enough to be used as a daily driver.
Must See: Guide to backup Android smartphone data without any root access?
For installing the custom ROMs, bootloader unlocking is a must. In the case of OnePlus 3 and 3T, the steps are fairly easy and perceivable. Go check the steps given below to unlock your OnePlus 3 and 3T.
Unlock OnePlus 3/3T Bootloader
Disclaimer: Bootloader unlock may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding.
- First and foremost, go to Settings > About phone and tap Build number section 5-7 times repeatedly. Developer options should appear in your device’s system settings, where you can then enable OEM unlocking.
- Once the OEM Unlock is enabled from the Developer Option, enable the USB Debugging option from the same Developer Options settings.
- Now, turn on your PC and make sure Minimal ADB and Fastboot is installed on your system.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC via USB and set-up the ADB terminal. Once the device is all set to receive ADB commands, input the below code in command prompt to make your device boot to bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Alternatively, you can use key combinations to get your device into fastboot mode. For that, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button for a few seconds while your device is in off-state.
- Once your device has been booted into fastboot mode, it’s time to throw the commands which will really unlock your bootloader. Input the below commands via command prompt (make sure your device is successfully connected to PC in fastboot)
fastboot oem unlock
- Wait for the command to execute, it won’t take more than 5 seconds.
- Once done, your device should be bootloader unlocked.
- That’s how you’ll unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3/3T.
If you’re looking for some cool custom ROMs for the OnePlus 3/3T, then do check out our nitpicked best custom ROMs for OnePlus 3 and 3T.
Unarguably, OnePlus offers one of the best software support, also it allows the users to go overboard by flashing custom ROMs/binaries as the OnePlus devices don’t feature warranty void flags such as seen on Samsung devices. Nonetheless, it’s always advised to act safe and stick with the stock firmware for security reasons. At the end of the day, it’s your choice of what to do with your device. So, enjoy flashing custom ROMs or tinkering with the device nevertheless.
Last but not the least, always feel free to hit the comment section if you need further assistance. We’d like to see you over there.