Redmi Note 9 lineup comprises of the Redmi Note 9, Note 9 Pro, and Note 9S Max. The devices have been launched across the globe over the past few months. Here we’ll go through the procedure on how to unlock the bootloader of the standard Redmi Note 9.
Without any further ado, let’s dive in.
Unlock Redmi Note 9 Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader of the Redmi Note 9 is the same as most of the Xiaomi devices out there. So, you may follow the below steps if you want to unlock the bootloader of any Redmi Note 9 Series device. To be on the safer side make sure, you’re ready with the below pre-requisites.
For a Xiaomi device to get bootloader unlocked, the user has to apply for the same on Xiaomi unlock website and then use the Mi Unlock tool to get the bootloader unlocked. It’d take 3 to 7 days and sometimes more for approval from Xiaomi. Nonetheless, go have a look a the step by step provided below.
Unlock the Bootloader of Redmi Note 9
Disclaimer: Bootloader unlock may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding.
- If not yet, create a Xiaomi Mi account and log-in to your device with the same credentials.
- Then visit Xiaomi’s bootloader unlock page
- Click the Unlock Now button and then log into your Mi account
- Wait for the bootloader to unlock the approval SMS message.
You need to have a Mi account created, confirmed, and attached to a phone number so Xiaomi can verify you are the owner of this device.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to Mi Account, and log-in if not already done.
- Enable the Sync option and Find Device (You might need to enter the password if prompted)
- Enable Developer Options, then OEM Unlock and USB Debugging on the Redmi Note 9.
- Download and Extract the Mi Unlock Tool to your PC
- Run the Mi Unlock program
It should be a file named “miflash_unlock.exe”.
- Sign in to your Mi Account on the Mi Flash Unlock Tool. Make sure to login with the same Mi ID you’ve used while requesting for the unlock.
- Boot the Redmi Note 9 into Fastboot Mode: Once the device has been shut off, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together at the same time. Continue holding these two buttons down until you get to the Redmi Note 9 Fastboot Mode splash screen.
- Connect your device to the PC via micro USB cable.
- Click the Unlock button at the bottom of the Mi Unlock program
- Wait through the two warning pop-up messages and click the Unlock Anyway button
You should see the Unlock Anyway button appear after the countdown finishes.
- Wait for the Mi Unlock program to go through the Verify Device phase
- If everything goes smoothly you should see this image on the Mi Unlock program
Once the unlock is successful, the device would reboot automatically and during the phase, it’ll wipe the system/internal storage. So, as said earlier, don’t forget to backup important data.
Sometimes, Xiaomi would insist to wait for a period of time until you can unlock the device upon clicking the Unlock Anyway button mentioned in step 16. If that’s so, you’ve to wait the amount of time you were told and once done, repeat the steps once again.