The unlocked bootloader of any Android device opens the gate to numerous customizations for you. It let you try various custom ROMs, Kernels, frameworks, and lots more to boost up your phone’s overall dignity and strength. The in-hand guide caters to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 9 Pro android device. You are on the right dais if you indeed wish to apply the same concept to your Redmi Note 9 Pro.
The bootloader is nothing but a software program that facilitates the system while switching it on. It generates coordination among the software and hardware of the handset to start the device in a preferred way.
Almost all of the OEM developers launch their Android mobiles with a bootloader in a locked state. The prime reason stays to restrict users from accessing the hidden potential of the device. It is crucial from the security perspective, however. But if you still want to tweak customizations, you will have to cross the locked bootloader. Here we exist to help you out with this concern.
Why unlock the phone’s bootloader?
Well, the unlocked bootloader of any Android device carries countless benefits. You can try multiple custom ROMs, Kernels, and rooting to give your phone a completely new touch, both externally and internally as well.
On the other side, unlocking the bootloader also brings some serious issues to your handset. Your device becomes prone to attacks and you will lose your phone’s official warranty also. Similarly, your phone could also be bricked during the unlocking procedure. If you still have a mind to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro, keep following the guide attentively.
Redmi Note 9 Pro – Key Configurations
Released in April 2020, the Redmi Note 9 Pro houses tons of advanced protocols on the sheet. It runs the Android 10 OS with the MIUI 11 skin. The front has a 6.67” Full HD+ IPS display with 2400x1080p resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 coating.
Further, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 720G 8nm octa-core processor facilitates the processing unit in connection with the Adreno 618 GPU department. The storage options are – 6GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB besides a slot for microSD card.
For photographers, the handset equips a 4-camera (64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP) system on the back. The selfie lens measures 16MP. The 5020 mAh battery (30W Fast Charging) manages the power requirements of the Redmi Note 9 Pro.
Moreover, the device features Bluetooth, WIFI, GPS, OTG, infrared port, NFC, FM Radio, Side-Mounted Fingerprint Scanner, 3.5mm Jack, and three (Grey, White, Green) colour options.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro
- First of all, make sure you have logged in your Mi Account. If you haven’t any, create one as it is necessary to proceed further.
- Also, make sure to have a separate backup of your essential data.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on your laptop/computer and install it.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking in the Developers Options.
- Now, power off your Redmi Note 9 Pro and reboot it in the Fastboot Mode by holding Power + Volume Down buttons together.
- Take a USB cable and connect your phone with your PC.
- Open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in.
- Now, you will see the ‘Phone Connected’ notification with the ‘Unlock’ button underneath. Hit it.
- It will show you a warning message. Ignore it and hit the ‘Unlock anyway’ button to proceed.
- It will start the unlocking process and take some time to finish.
- Once finished, you will see the ‘Unlocked successfully’ message on the screen with the ‘Reboot phone’ button. Hit it to enjoy the fresh interface of your Redmi Note 9 Pro.
Now, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Redmi Note 9 Pro. Decorate your handset from scratch as you are now in the factory version.