The apex smartphone maker – Samsung launched the Galaxy Core 2 smartphone a way back in 2014. It runs the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS and 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU. This guide will stress how we can unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Core 2 to access various hidden features of the device. If you are interested, keep on reading the post until the end to learn something useful.
Unlocking bootloader of a smartphone is a mandatory step to flash TWRP recovery or root a device. It allows and clears the way to install any custom ROM on the Android device to yield restricted perks and incentives. Consequently, you will get improved battery life, faster processing, lag-free operations and exceptional visual interface with your favourite customizable firmware. However, all the credit goes to the flexible and open-source nature of the Android platform.
Before we proceed, the bootloader is a kind of code that ensures coordination between the hardware and software department of your device. It works while you switch on your handset and try to process things accurately. Most often, the smartphone comes with locked bootloaders to refrain users from accessing hidden capabilities of the Stock firmware. Here the need for unlocking the bootloader exists.
Must Read: How to unlock the bootloader of Realme 5 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Core II – Key Configurations
It looks crucial to overview the chief highlights of Galaxy Core 2 before we execute the serious note. Well, the 3G handset boasts a 4.5” TFT Capacitive touchscreen (800x480p) on the front with the traditional bulky bezel assignment. The software area runs the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Furthermore, the Galaxy Core 2 phone has 1.2 GHz quad-core chipset besides 4GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card) and 768 MB RAM. The backside equips a 5MP shooter, while the front has a VGA lens for selfies.
In others, the plastic-made handset involves 2000 mAh battery, FM Radio, Bluetooth, GPS, WIFI, WIFI-Direct, Hotspot, Dual-SIM support, 3.5mm jack and two (white & black) colour choices.
Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Android Smartphone
Before you commence with the unlocking process, you need to meet some preliminary requirements to ease the operations. Check out the basic requisites.
- Make sure you have the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 phone because each device has different methods to unlock the bootloader.
- Next, please keep a separate back up of your private data. It will perish during the process.
- Charge your Samsung handset’s battery by up to 70% to ensure uninterrupted work.
- Moreover, you need a computer/laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Download ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC and extract them.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
- First off, make sure to enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in your phone’s Settings.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 with your PC via a USB cable.
- Further, go to the extracted folder and open CMD or command prompt on your PC.
- Now, type the ‘adb devices’ command in the CMD and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- You will see a popup message on your phone, reading ‘Always Allow from this computer.’ Press OK.
- Now, you have to type the ‘adb reboot bootloader’ command and press ‘Enter’ to enter the bootloader mode.
- To reboot your Samsung device into the Fastboot Mode, follow the command ‘fastboot flashing unlock.’
- Now, you will have to enter the same mode by pressing the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Type the command ‘fastboot flashing unlock_critical.’
- Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Android smartphone. Now, you are free to install various custom ROMs, MODs, as well as modify the firmware of your Samsung smartphone.