OnePlus 2, it’s been half a decade since it went official. OnePlus had improved a lot over the course of the years, but the OnePlus 2 remains an iconic device embellishing the past of OnePlus as a smartphone maker. In case if you’re rocking one, then you better know that Android 11 based LineageOS ROM is now available for the device.
Before we begin, a little knowledge for those who’re new to the custom ROM world. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. Most people prefer it cause, it can be used without the need to have any Google application installed. LieneageOS has got a stellar group of talented devs maintaining the project and you can view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
That being said, let’s flash LineageOS 18.1 on OnePlus 2. It’s pertinent to mention here that the ROM is an ALPHA BUILD which we can say is literally not fit for daily usage with known issues listed below. So, try it only for experiment purpose and to get a taste of the Android 11.
- Occasional crashes and reboots
- ROM is not smooth
- Bluetooth takes a second to switch playback
- Selinux Permissive
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot: Download
- OnePlus 2 Stock Firmware (if something bad happens): Download
- Official TWRP for OnePlus 2: Download
- LineageOS Builds: Download
Flash LineageOS 18 on OnePlus 2
Disclaimer: Bootloader unlock may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding. Also, it’s advised to have the latest software installed on your device.
So, you’ve to unlock the bootloader of your device before proceeding with the installation. If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader, check this guide.
Once you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader, follow the below steps.
- From your computer, open a command prompt and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- You should now be in fastboot mode.
- Download the TWRP image file and copy the file into the same folder as your installed ADB platform. Rename the image to twrp.img and type one by one:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don’t follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.
- After that, download the LineageOS build and reboot to recovery.
- From the TWRP home screen choose Wipe.
- Then Wipe the system, data and cache.
- Go back to the TWRP Home screen and choose the Install option.
- Select the ROM flash file from the file picker.
- Swipe to confirm the flash.
That’s it. Hope you’ve successfully flashed the LineageOS 18.1 ROM on your device, in case of any further assistance needed, kindly drop in the comments.