Google released Android 11 beta for Pixel devices not so long ago. Vivo has been quick to follow the suit by pushing the beta builds for two of its devices Vivo Nex 3S and iQOO 3. Unlike official OTA updates, the Android 11 beta should be flashed manually and we’re here to show you how to do it.
In case if you want to test the Android 11 way before the vast majority of the Android users out there on your iQOO 3. Then, follow the instructions given below. Since the builds are officially signed by iQOO, installing them are fairly easy on their respective devices.
Install Android 11 beta 1 on Vivo iQOO 3
First and foremost, download the builds from the links given below. Downgrade builds are also given in case if you’d like to revert to the stable channel.
Note; Download links for both Chinese and Indian firmware with the respective downgrade files can be found below. So, download according to your device model.
- Vivo iQOO 3 (China)
- iQOO 3 5G/4G (India)
Once you’ve downloaded the right firmware for your device. It’s time to install the early beta builds of what could be the next major Android release, the Android 11.
Attention: Being beta builds, they contain bugs and other system instabilities. Installing beta, despite being official builds, wipes your device completely. It is highly recommended that you back up your data before proceeding.
- Download the file mentioned for your device and safely save it on the root directory on your phone.
- Go to Settings > System Update > Local Update and choose the downloaded file.
- Follow the instructions and the device will eventually reboot.
- Once rebooted, you should have the brand new Android 11 running on your device.
The following bugs are known to exist on these builds:
- The under-display fingerprint sensor does not work
- Status bar icons sometimes overlap
- Google Chrome does not show any existing Google account sign-in on first boot
Bugs other than provided above may persist. So, if you find the bugs interfering with your daily usage, you always have the option to downgrade and instructions remain the same, but make sure the downgrade package is what you’re installing from the local updater. We hope you’ve successfully installed Android 11 on iQOO 3.