Today, we will learn how to install custom ROM on OnePlus 6 and 6T Android phones. This is a dedicated guide for those looking to upgrade their handset’s core abilities to extract most of it. It allows you to enjoy a swift and smoother user experience along with proper conquer over the locked apps and programs. So, let’s break the package.
The Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus is always astute concerning software updates. It keeps on pushing the latest algorithms in the software department to ensure its users have impeccable navigation experience on each firmware.
Both OnePlus 6 and 6T were launched back in 2018 with the Android 8.1 Oreo and Android 9.0 Pie operating systems, respectively. Further, we also have received the OxygenOS 10.3.1 skin on both types of equipment that almost has a stock user interface, comprising scads of useful configurations.
OnePlus 7 and 7T, both received the Android 10 update, but the case is not the same as the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Do you want to upgrade your obsolete OS of your OnePlus 6/6T to the stock Android 10? Here we have a trick for you. This well-illustrated guide will tell you how to install Android 10 custom ROM on your OnePlus 6 & 6T Android handsets.
This is an unofficial production of Lineage OS 17 that further compliance with the Android 10 OS and hosts lots of exclusive characteristics. So, it is not worth to waste time anymore and let’s jump straight to the issue in question.
Install custom ROM on OnePlus 6 & 6T – Prerequisites
Before you go through the technical steps, make sure to fulfill the following requirements first:
- Keep your phone’s battery a minimum of 60% charged so that your phone won’t turn off during the installation process.
- Your phone should have at least 4GB free space to place installation files.
- Make sure you keep backup of your important data separately.
- Now, install a custom recovery on your OnePlus 6 or 6T. TWRP Recovery is recommended.
- Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus 6 or 6T.
Installation Process – Step-by-step Guide
- First of all, you need to download the custom ROM file for your handset. You should save the zip file in your phone’s root directory. (Check our list of best custom ROMs for OnePlus 6 and 6T).
- Next, you will boot your device into the TWRP recovery mode.
- Among various options, you will select ‘Wipe’ to trigger your phone to the factory reset.
- Further, tap on the ‘Install’ option and select the Lineage OS 17 zip file to install.
- After that, you have to install the Google package for google account apps.
- Finally, you can reboot your OnePlus 6 and 6T by clicking on the ‘Reboot’ button.
Congratulations! Now you have installed custom ROMs on your OnePlus 6 and 6T Android devices. The process is pretty simple and straightforward without any hassle. Now, you are eligible to access to the latest firmware to enjoy superfine features and locked applications. The custom ROM works perfectly to explore more.