If you have been searching how to install custom ROM on Redmi 5, then we have some good news for you. An Android Pie based aftermarket ROM is now available for this device. Liquid Remix ROM is a popular and mature ROM developed by liquid0624 of the XDA developer community. This ROM is loaded with a plethora of features sourced from some of the best aftermarket ROM. Liquid has quickly become the preferred ROM for a lot of Xiaomi devices including the Redmi 5. In this post, we’ll be looking at ways you can install this ROM onto your Redmi 5. The steps we discuss are likely implementable with any other custom ROM that supports Redmi 5. It’s always good to have options.
Install Custom ROM on Redmi 5
Redmi 5 launched with Android Nougat in late 2017. Since then there has been no official confirmation about the Android Pie update from the company. This means users of the Redmi 5 had no choice but to use the MIUI. That’s when XDA team members sprung into action and developed the Liquid Remix for Redmi 5. Redmi 5 users now have every reason to smile because they can experience the best of Android’s latest features on their device. Liquid Remix brings enhancements to the UI and hardware performance. Specifically, we have seen a redesigned volume slider, adaptive brightness, better battery usage, and more. Let’s get started and learn how to install custom ROM on Redmi 5.
Disclaimer: Gadgetsay.com will not be responsible for any damage or loss incurred due to your use of this information. Rooting and flashing custom ROM are procedures usually meant for advanced users so ensure you’re fully informed and proceed with caution.
- First and foremost back-up device date. Check our article on how to back-up Android smartphone data without root.
- Charge your Redmi 5 battery to at least 60% before starting the process.
- Install USB drivers for Redmi 5 on a computer (Windows or Mac).
- Ensure your Redmi 5 bootloader is unlocked.
- Download Liquid Remix ROM compatible Gapps Package onto your computer. NB: Get it from the same page that has ROM below.
- Root Your Redmi 5 and Install TWRP Recovery.
- Download Liquid Remix ROM for Redmi 5.
Install Liquid Remix ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Get Liquid Remix ROM and related Gapps package from the links listed above and save them on your computer.
- Connect your Redmi 5 smartphone to the same computer via USB cable and transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps files into your device’s internal storage.
- After moving the files, turn off the phone.
- Boot device into recovery mode. Press key combos “Volume Down and Power button” for a few seconds to do that.
- Perform Nandroid back-up at the recover screen. This is necessary to recover the device in case things don’t go according to plan.
- Next, do a factory reset. Select “Wipe” >> “Advance Wipe” >> “Wipe cache + Dalvik cache” >> “System Data”, finally swipe to confirm.
- Go to Install Option and choose the downloaded ROM zip file then >> Swipe to confirm.
- Repeat the same process with Gapps and return to the main recovery menu.
- Them tap “Wipe” >> Cache and Dalvik Cache then reboot.
- You’re done.
That’s how to install custom ROM on Redmi 5. The same process can be used to install pretty much any custom ROM besides Liquid Remix but always ensure you follow steps outlined by the developer of a different ROM. Otherwise enjoy.