The Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311 is an awesome device. A smartphone in the mid-range category that packs all the bells and whistles of competing brands such as Sony and HTC yet is available at almost half the price. E311 selling point includes the display (HD), chipset (Octa-core), and RAM (2GB). It’s a bit old device and we will let you help root it using Micromax E311 flash file.
It’s also a multi-tasking beast relative to competing devices, something unheard of for a device priced under $132.39. The E311 comes with Gorilla Glass 3, popular for its scratch-proof and break-proof properties. The display is IPS LCD 5 Inch with a resolution of 1280 by 720p.
In this article, we’ll look at how to install e311 stock ROM using firmware flash file, something you might be interested in if you’ve rooted your device since purchasing it and installed custom ROM or you bought it rooted already with a custom ROM and you’re not happy with the performance of the device and want to go back to stock ROM, or maybe you were unsuccessful in your attempts to install a custom ROM and ended up with a bricked device and now you’re looking to salvage the situation by reinstalling the factory version.
Whatever your reason for wanting to reinstall the stock ROM, we’ve got you covered. Stock ROM has many benefits that you may already know. Nonetheless, let’s have a look at the advantages that Stock ROM will bring on your Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311.
Advantages of Installing Stock ROM
Benefits of installing stock ROM are many but here are the top four:
- Ability to unbrick your Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311 if it has issues with custom firmware
- Installing Stock ROM often solves the boot loop issue with most devices
- Flashing Stock ROM enables you to either upgrade or downgrades your E311
- Bugs and performance issues such as lags can be fixed easily by flashing stock ROM.
We provide easy to follow steps on how to install e311 stock ROM using Firmware Flash File. That way you should be able to accomplish the task in no time by following each step to the later. It goes as follows, first, download the relevant firmware image and the firmware flash file/tool for the Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311 onto your PC. You can download those packages from the links provided below.
Download SP Flash:
- SPFlashTool for Linux – 64 Bit
- Download SPFlash Tool for Linux – 32 Bit
- SPFlash Tool for Windows – Latest v 5.1924
Next, have a look at the prerequisites and make sure you have everything listed. Then proceed by executing each outlined step with care in order to Install stock ROM on your Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311 successfully.
- Steps outlines are only relevant to Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311.
- Have your computer ready. It can be either Windows or Linux.
- Ensure you back up important files you don’t want to lose.
- Charge your smartphone to at least 60%. The full charge preferred.
- Get the SP Flash tool. Download from the links above depending on your OS.
- Install Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311 VCOM Driver on your PC.
- Download and Install the Latest Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311 CDC Drivers.
- Download and Install Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311 ADB Drivers.
Now you’re ready to proceed with the instruction on how to install e311 stock ROM using Firmware Flash File.
Steps To Install Stock ROM on Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311
- Locate the SP Flash Tool file you downloaded above and extract it to your computer. It’s usually archived in the format SP_Flash_Tool.rar.
- Open the unzipped folder saved on your computer. You’ll find a bunch of image files that include everything required to flash your E311.
- Enable USB Debugging. You can do this from Settings > Developer Options > Check “USB Debugging”.
- checkbox. This is under the Debugging section.
- Connect your E311 with the PC via USB cable. Except if you’re prompted to allow USB debugging for the PC.
- Locate and launch Flash_tool.exe by double-clicking or left-click then select “Run”. Flash_tool.exe is contained within the Sp Tool Package you downloaded earlier.
- You’ll get to the SmartPhone Flash Tool dialogue box in runtime trace mode that looks like below.
- Locate the Download tab and you’ll see the Download Agent option as well as scatter-loading. Select the Agent including the MTK_AllInOneDA.bin, you can find it in the SP Flashtool folder -> SP_MDT.
- Proceed to click the Scatter-Loading button and then the Scatter file located inside the stock ROM zip package. In case you have already extracted the ROM, then you’ll find it with the name resembling MT7xxx_Android_scatter.txt. The “X” denotes the Mediatek processor number.
- Load the MT7xxx_Android_scatter.txt file and click Download.
- You’ll notice that all images are automatically selected. So all you need to do is click the download button. You’ll get a warning prompt saying not all images are loaded. Select yes to ignore. Often the warning occurs if your device doesn’t have some partition stated in the tool. This is mostly harmless as long as you have not modified the scatter file. Important: The scatter file hosts your devices partition table values. Do not tamper with the scatter file because doing so could brick your device.
- Next, you will get a status message that says Searching in the bottom. Turn off your device and remove the battery then reinsert it. Only if removable.
- Connect your E311 device to the PC via USB while still turned off. In case the phone is not detected try pressing Volume Up and Down until it does.
- The flashing process will begin and last about a minute or two with a progress bar shown on the tool.
- Once the process completes you’ll get a green circle with download okay which means all is well. You can disconnect the smartphone and restart it.
The initial boot might take a little while so do not panic. Sometimes it might take up to 10 minutes.
That’s all, you have managed to successfully flash the firmware on your Micromax Canvas Nitro 2 E311. If you need any assistance regarding this, drop us a message in the comment section below.
READ NEXT: How to flash TWRP and root OnePlus 5T