This is the guide to let you know how to root OnePlus 3 and 3T and install TWRP recovery. We will tour a step-by-step procedure that will pave the way for you to root your device easily. So, let’s break the way and intrude on the detailed rooting process in a simplified manner.
The Chinese august and well-recognized smartphone maker OnePlus released the OnePlus 3 and 3T Android handsets a few years back in 2016. The extremely solid duo come with an affordable price tag against high-profile features on the table. Further, both receive timely Kernel source release, and most importantly, quite easier to root.
What rooting will have an impact on your OnePlus 3/3T is the full administration in your hand. It will open the window of customization for you, including new apps, software modifications and other personal choices. You will have the right to access unlocked applications, root directories and other protocols restricted by the company. Concluding all, you will enjoy greatly enhanced Android experience after rooting your OnePlus 3 or 3T.
One of the other lucrative parts is that both devices support an abundant development community. It means you will have a larger selection to choose for root modes than other handsets. In this post, you will learn to root your OnePlus 3/3T using the SuperSU file. Along with that, you will also flash TWRP recovery on your OnePlus Android devices.
How to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3/3T?
Let’s explore the steps to install TWRP recovery first. Before, we need to check some prerequisites to avoid obstacles.
- You should download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Download the SuperSU zip file.
- Download OnePlus drivers.
- Further, download the TWRP file and save it in the ADB and Fastboot driver folder with the name Twrp.img.
- Make a separate copy of your important data.
- Unlock Bootloader on both OnePlus devices.
Steps to install TWRP on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- First, enable ‘Developer Mode’ and ‘USB Debugging’, OEM Unlocking and Advanced Reboot in the Developer Options. (Follow our definitive guide to enable these things on any smartphone.)
- Attach your OnePlus (3 or 3T) phone to your desktop/laptop via a USB cable.
- Extract the ADB and Fastboot drivers into a folder or head over to the install location.
- Next, open the command prompt by pressing Shift + Right Click in the extracted ADB and Fastboot driver folder.
- Type the ‘adb devices’ command in the command prompt, check for if your device is connected correctly or not.
- Now, follow the ‘adb reboot bootloader’ command to reboot your OnePlus 3/3T phone.
- Type the ‘fastboot devices’ command to verify the connectivity.
- Now is the time to install TWRP recovery by typing the ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’ command.
That’s all in the TWRP recovery installation process on OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones.
Steps to root OnePlus 3/3T
On a serious note, both OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones had received their software (Android 9.0) update last year. But the same update started fading away in the same year.
Eventually, users look for a third-party developer to again update to the latest Android edition. Correspondingly, we are here to assist you with a dedicated root procedure guide.
- First, boot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- When it comes to the TWRP recovery interface, tap on the Advanced > ADB sideloaded and then swipe to trigger sideload.
- Choose the ‘ADB Sideload’ option and then drag and drop the SuperSU.zip file in the pane.
- Click tap on ‘Reboot System’.
- That’s it in the rooting OnePlus 3/3T process.