Lenovo unveiled its once flagship smartphone – Lenovo K8 Note in August 2017. The device was a hit and continues to command a huge following. It’s especially popular among users that prefer devices with large displays. The Lenovo K8 Note has a 5.5-inch display and a massive inbuild battery at 4,000mAh. It also comes with Android 7.1.1 upgradable to Android 8.0. Users that are a little adventurous have the option of ditching the stock firmware for custom ROM which is the craze nowadays. However, in order to flash custom ROM or install recovery software like the TWRP on your Lenovo device. First, you need to unlock the bootloader of the Lenovo K8 Note.
They can be easily flashed once your device bootloader is unlocked. You can also install a custom recovery utility before rooting your device. There’s no single rooting procedure that fits all. Every Android device is different so we cover every step to make the process as smooth as possible.
Disclaimer: Unlocking the bootloader and rooting gives Android users permission to execute functions on their devices that are ordinarily not possible or permitted. Gadgetsay.com will not be responsible for any damage or loss incurred due to your use of this information. Android device unlocking and rooting are usually meant for advanced users so ensure you’re fully informed and proceed with caution.
Lenovo K8 Note Unlock Bootloader
- Windows or Mac Computer with ADB and Fastboot installed.
- Back-up Your Lenovo K8 Note device data.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Lenovo K8 Note.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Lenovo K8 Note
- First, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your Lenovo K8 Note first.
- While still under developer options, enable “OEM Unlock” as well. If you’ve exited then you can find it at Settings >> Developer options >> OEM Unlock option, enable it.
- After this, connect your device with the PC using a USB cable. Then open the location where you have extracted ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Once on the ADB and Fastboot folder, press “Shift + right-click” and select Command Prompt.
- Enter the following command in Command Prompt window:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your smartphone will reboot into fastboot mode after this.
- Type the following command into the Command Prompt window once more. NB: This command will erase everything on your device. Only do this after you’ve done a system back-up.
fastboot oem unlock.
- Select “Yes” if prompted to unlock the bootloader.
- Your bootloader will be unlocked once the process completes.
And that’s how to unlock the bootloader of Lenovo K8 Note. If you’ve followed along and executed each step precisely, you should have your bootloader unlocked and the freedom to customize your device in many ways such as flashing custom ROM or even installing custom Recovery like the TWRP. We’re always happy to hear from our readers, so drop us a line in the comment section below.